Pre Wired Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

geomark

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 2, 2004
I've had Voom for about 2 weeks now. My house was a new construction and I made sure to get sattellite prewire. Problem is, the installer did not see this and he has the wiring from the first floor to the roof on one side. You can see the wire going all the way to the roof on the side of the house.

Installs Inc was notified prior to install that there was a prewire, but they did not use it for some reason. It may have to do with the prewire being on the opposite side of the house, I don't know.

Question is, I'd like this rewired, using the built in prewire so I can avoid the ugly wire on the side of the house. Can I have them do this?

Thoughts?

When the installer leaves your house he asks you to sign the paperwork. If you have signed it, you have officially accepted the work the way it was done.
You can ask VOOM/Installs to re-wire it for you free of charge and they may agree to do that as a courtesy, but formally they don't have to. Give it a shot though.

there are lots of issues in your post. my first question, where were you during the install?? im a long time tech and if it was pointed out to you or your wife or relative how the install would be done, someone said OK and some one signed the work order, and that is signing a RELEASE that the job was done to your satisfaction.

next, if the house is vinyl siding the tech should have hid the coax in the corner caps.

next, and you did say voom. even if the home was pre wired and it was not done properly and you have wall plates it costs money to fix the problems. if i have to fix the fittings in wall plates, its 10.00 each , wall fish is 75.00 per entry and each turn of the tape, attic crawl, 50.00, hard wire phone jack, 65.00 and if it was to go on a pole mount to keep the wire off the home, 100.00 plus 2.00 per foot per wire to bury the coax.

standard install at voom and directv is dish mounted to the outer wall or roof of structure, exposed coax run thru wall or basement and up thru floor, using your phone jacks if within 25 feet and UP TO 100 feet coax to each reciever. take note though feet on the next if tech uses 15 feet on one reciever to dish run HE DOES NOT OWE you 85 feet extra on the next run.. if you buy a basic KIA dont expect to get a lincoln

Hmmm. Ok I wasn't home at the time and I assumed the installer would know where the prewire was. I think I'll fix it myself.

Thanks for the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)