Multi-room install wiring question...

BlackCatt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Trying to figure out how an actual multiroom wiring installation is done.

My situation is that I just moved into a new house and I am wired with RG6 in multiple rooms and do not have Cable installed (except for a cable modem for my internet access.) The RG6 is fed to a homerun in my closet.

Would Voom be able to use this existing RG6 to broadcast my satellite signal to multiple set top boxes? What about the external antenna? How does that signal get sent to multiple rooms? Would they have to run new RG6 for the antenna, satellite, both or none?

Anyone out there with any insight on multi-room installs and how they are done would be greatly appreciated.

BlackCatt,
Here is how it need to be done , You need at least 2 main lines coming from the outside dish to the closet are then they can run your sat and antenna in on the the same line then they would have to go into a diplexer than into a mulit-switch in the closet. So if you only have 1 line coming in and you are using it than they would have to get 2 more lines at least to the closet area so don't be surprise if they have to do a wall fish that you are not charge extra for this around 45.00 hour. then once they get these cable to the multi-switch then they can hook into as many room as you would like as long as they are direct lines to your tv's your antenna will hook to this multi-switch and will feed the sat. and antenna through the same cable to your tv sets; and there will be diplexer on the back of the receiver that will split the antenna and sat. signal.

tyork

TYORK,
WOW. That was very impressive. So they will probably have to do a "wall fish" to my closet. Hopefully it doesn't take them more than an hour. I think I may have a problem though. My wifes closet is up against the outside wall of the house, my closet however (where the box is located) is across the hallway from my wifes (Not the best design I guess but I didn't design it). Ceiling might not be a solution either since there is a second floor, just don't know if it is directly over my closet or not. Great, they may have to get creative with it which probably means more hours, which means more money. :(

I thought I remember reading that diplexers were BAD and would degrade my signal and picture quality. Is this true?

BlackCatt

BlackCatt said:
TYORK,
WOW. That was very impressive. So they will probably have to do a "wall fish" to my closet. Hopefully it doesn't take them more than an hour. I think I may have a problem though. My wifes closet is up against the outside wall of the house, my closet however (where the box is located) is across the hallway from my wifes (Not the best design I guess but I didn't design it). Ceiling might not be a solution either since there is a second floor, just don't know if it is directly over my closet or not. Great, they may have to get creative with it which probably means more hours, which means more money. :(

I thought I remember reading that diplexers were BAD and would degrade my signal and picture quality. Is this true?

BlackCatt

Hopefully you can get someone in there that can help you out should be that big of problem for most techs Diplexer will be ok they did have some that were bad back in the day but it has been a long time since we have had any problem with them. let me know if you need anything else I would be glad to help you

tyork

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts