Newbie Install Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

technojunkie

Original poster
Feb 8, 2005
:confused: I live in Buffalo, NY and just ordered and install this morning. According to the CSR I should receive an email confirming the installation. Well I haven't seen it yet and wondered how long I should wait before calling.

Also she told me that according to www.antennaweb.org there are only 2 OTA digital stations available here. I told her that was incorrect and that all the major networks have service. She said according to her information that wasn't so. I just checked the web-site and confirmed what I told her. My question is what are they looking at? Also how will that affect my install? Will they use a lower-end antenna and then say hey we told you that you couldn't get more than 2 OTA stations.

What there are looking at are the channels that are broadcast in digital on antennaweb. I don't know your zip, but when you check, choose list digital only and see what is showing then.

It looks like the map that antennaweb.org gives doesn't match (station numbers) with the DTV stations listed. Most likely they just have the wrong information. This might be why the CSR told you that only two are available.

Note: The stations are not transmitting from the same location if the map is right.

Techno, All the major networks are available in our area, If you are in the city itself though, it gets tougher to get "everything" fox,wnlo,pbs are in grand island, abc,nbc,cbs are all hamburg, east aurora areas. Most suburbs pick them all up no problem usually.
Winegard sensar II is the antenna they are shipping for standard install, sometimes amped, ocasionally depending on your local, upgrade needed.

Most times with a little turn here and there, sensar is fine.

NiFi,

I'm east (Clarence). Looks like you are an installer. Do you do work for Voom?

Have you had any luck picking up CFTO (Toronto) Channel 5.1 ? I have better luck getting it when it's snowing.

technojunkie said:
NiFi,

I'm east (Clarence). Looks like you are an installer. Do you do work for Voom?

Have you had any luck picking up CFTO (Toronto) Channel 5.1 ? I have better luck getting it when it's snowing.

I am a long time installer/subcontractor more recently dealer. Still doing sub work for a few companys doing dishnet and DTV and now my own work as a Voom dealer. Had been doing Voom for Idiots Inc. but finally had enough of that game.

Clarence, you should have no problems with locals, as far as CFTO i dont get it, the only installs i have done that receive it ( watchable ;) ) is up in the Falls/Lewiston area.