Antenna Install Question

Amphicar770

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 26, 2004
Hi All,

The VOOM installer is actually here as I type. 3 boxes in place, he is now putting up the DISH, running wires, etc.

I did have a question regarding antenna. I want him to use the VOOM provided antenna for two of the STBs which means they run through the diplexor.

On the third STB I want to leave my existing OTA antenna in place which has a dedicated cable run, pre-amp, etc. Given that I have a dedicated cable run on stb #3, does the diplexor unit on the back of the STB still get put on? In this case, where do we plug in the dedicated ota antenna? If we do not use the diplexor attachment would it be correct that sat wire and antenna wire go directly in seperately?

Thanks,

Mike I.

You can remove the Diplexer and use one coax for the dish and one for O/A antenna, quite a few people insist on it, good luck!

Amphicar770 said:
Hi All,

The VOOM installer is actually here as I type. 3 boxes in place, he is now putting up the DISH, running wires, etc.

I did have a question regarding antenna. I want him to use the VOOM provided antenna for two of the STBs which means they run through the diplexor.

On the third STB I want to leave my existing OTA antenna in place which has a dedicated cable run, pre-amp, etc. Given that I have a dedicated cable run on stb #3, does the diplexor unit on the back of the STB still get put on? In this case, where do we plug in the dedicated ota antenna? If we do not use the diplexor attachment would it be correct that sat wire and antenna wire go directly in seperately?

Thanks,

Mike I.

no don't put on the diplexer. you will plug you existing line straight into the antenna module on the back of the reciever and sat line where it says sat in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts