Multi room hook up

gross67

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 6, 2004
Indiana
Hey gang,

I have a simple question. I have never had a multi room sat receiver hookup - just a single room. If I get a DISH three room set up - will the installer use my existing cable lines that run to the three rooms? (Split after coming out of the dish).

Cheers,

James

The DISH idea of multi - room is 1 receiver for 2 rooms! Check the website CAREFULLY and speak to the CSR over and over again and listen, they will tell you and try to confuse you by saying 2 rooms but only mentioning 1 unit. Radio Shack had a diagram of the 942 unit for Dish on display when I was there yesterday picking up some cables and stuff and saw the 942 live, it has 2 lights on the panel for each tv and what it's doing and outputs on the back for each tv.

For what it's worth, my advice and my solution, CABLE (Cox in Phoenix) and I got exactly what I needed, 3 rooms, 3 boxes, all HD, all DVR's everyone in the home is happy but me since I only get a small variety of HD channels but you know what, I don't ever remember watching more than about 3 of the Voom 21 when I did have it! Good luck with Disk Ya'll

Miguel

Gross, There is really no way for anyone on here to know what your particular installer will do, more than likely if the cable runs to those rooms is newer RG6 in good shape, he will try and use it. Every installer is different, but more than likely he will.

gross67 said:
Hey gang,

I have a simple question. I have never had a multi room sat receiver hookup - just a single room. If I get a DISH three room set up - will the installer use my existing cable lines that run to the three rooms? (Split after coming out of the dish).

Cheers,

James

They will use them if they can believe me but if you have one that i 1 unit that does 2 one they will have to run to lines to the unit and than 1 back out either to your existing cable or straight to the next place that you want it depends on what equipment you get.

t

Using a dp44 switch with combiners and separators, the one wire going into your room will do the job of three. Two signals going in and one coming back out, all on one wire. Imagine that. :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes

Thanks...

Thanks for the advice, gang. I'm trying to avoid any more attic work (Even for the installer) because my attic is a real drag to work in).

For what it's worth, my advice and my solution, CABLE (Cox in Phoenix) and I got exactly what I needed, 3 rooms, 3 boxes, all HD, all DVR's everyone in the home is happy but me since I only get a small variety of HD channels but you know what, I don't ever remember watching more than about 3 of the Voom 21 when I did have it! Good luck with Disk Ya'll

Miguel[/QUOTE]

Miguel,

Yes, I have cable now too (Insight in Indiana). I get 14 HD channels (My locals are included in that figure) and they all look pretty damn good. I do miss the VOOM channels however. Especially World Sport and Equator. I think DISH will have a better deal in the future but it's hard not to jump at the 10 VOOM channels they are offering now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)