Prefered Directv customer letter / card?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jim tressler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
In the mail today I recieved a "Prefered Customer Card" from directv - basically it looks like a credit card with my name, account number and a "special" phone number where you go right to a csr..

In the package was a letter from Chase Carey saying how you are one of the most valued customers.. yada yada yada.. but then at the end it says, we will notify you first of exciting new products and will ask your feedback from time to time so you can "help shape the future of directv"...

I pitched the letter so I am reciting it from memory.. anyway..

anyone else get this?

i called the number and it sure as hell sounded like the regular directv number.. had to punch in the account number and then lots of options..

To me it seems just as easy to call retention.. lol

jim

I think because you have such a good track record with the company (paying your bill on time, having lots of services, just being you :D) they chose you as sort of a beta tester.

Just a guess though.

The information that you get may get in the future may be some good information for this site so if you hear anything in the future let us know.

stellar832000 said:
I also got the preferred customer card..I was not sure if it was something they sent to everyone or if it actually was sent to a select group.

Probably a mass mailing, I had D* for a while and they started sending me mailings wanting to know if I was interested in signing up for D*,

Just proves, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

If it turns out that I am wrong, and you are a selct beta tester now, let us all know what thier ideas are, so we have a heads up or can confirm what we already excect to happen. :)

Jimbo

I got mine on Saturday. I was a bit disappointed when I opened the envelope. I was hoping that it was some free pay-per-views or something useful. We stuck the card on the bulletin board next to the phone. The card also has "member since 11/97" printed on it just like an AMEX card. I think its just some propaganda from d* and I don't expect any preferential treatment the next time we need to call.

Yeah I got one too. Called the # to see how "special" and as mentioend above, it is the same old thing.

I have had DirecTV since 1998, yet my card says member since 1/0000

jim tressler said:
i called the number and it sure as hell sounded like the regular directv number.. had to punch in the account number and then lots of options..

To me it seems just as easy to call retention.. lol

jim

It goes to the same lines as the regular DirecTV number.
Once you punch in your account number, you get preferential treatment in the hold queue.

Better than calling retention.
Preferred customers are highlighted for the CSRs to be extra-special nice to.

H

Ditto on the card.

Trying to solve a techincal problem with my multiplexer and I didn't get any different answer or any faster than before. Mine says 96 date.

Hogarth said:
It goes to the same lines as the regular DirecTV number.
Once you punch in your account number, you get preferential treatment in the hold queue.

Better than calling retention.
Preferred customers are highlighted for the CSRs to be extra-special nice to.

H
So the lady will tell me I used inferior paint on my inside walls in a nicer manner since I'm a preferred customer?

The first offer might be for a free upgrade to one of their new DVR's.

Uh, did I say upgrade? :confused:

aec4 said:
I have had DirecTV since 1998, yet my card says member since 1/0000

Did you move since your original install and use a private installer? If so, they probably treat as a new customer since the new install-that is what happened to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)