premier communications

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xwheelin

Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
Does anyone know whats going on with premier communications or work for them as a tech

I know that over the last 3 years I've had 3 D* equipment installs, and said installs have required 10 'Premier' visits. Other than that, I don't know much about them. :)

Some of the installation guys are good, the rest are no good.

Scheduling with these people was a nightmare for me, as they could never get it right. I took off work 3 times, 2 twice because they never showed up, and the 3rd time to sit at home & wait for a bad install.

My personal luck with them has not been good.

Again, the guy who installed my dish & boxes was a good installer, it was everyone else I dealt with that were morons.

We just got setup again with DirecTV yesturday. We had 2 visits, both done through Premier Communications.

Install guy #1 calls no line of site on roof. Ok, I get that. Then huffs around for an hour and says if I have a shovel we can do a pole install, very much implying I will be helping on the endevour. Or he can "sell" me his bags of quickcrete, pole, etc for "cost". I talk to DirecTV and find out I dont pay a dime as long as they call no line of site. So that was a little shady. I needed to get permission to do the pole install so that install was cancelled. I set back up for this past Saturday. Totally different guy came out, Premier has many sub-contractors, and spends 5+ hours doing the pole install and everything else. I was quite pleased with his work. Gave him a $25 tip for all the troubles.

The difference between installer A and installer B was night and day. Just like anything else it will be a crap shoot.

Also note the # they call you from to let you know when the tech is coming will NOT work for reaching them yourself. What a nightmare that was. Had to call D* each time I wanted to get to Premire.

Take a peak at Cable Sux Get a Dish in their installation company review section. Nobody said anything good about Premier.......Oklahoma Premier...go look. HSPs are what they are.

Joe

I've had no problems at all with Premier in the Tulsa area. I've had them out for five installs and two service calls and each time the techs were professional and thorough. None were late without cause and I always knew what was going on with delays.

well i work for them in the springfield location and let me tell you im bout tired of the lies through them besides that i dont think they will be open for much longer

they have done all 3 of my upgrades or installs here in S.W. Okla..think they are comming out of lawton though but all have been awsome for me here

It's been said finances aren't so good and DTV will soon take them over as they did 180Connect......more may fall too. But you know how things get started!!!!????

Premier Communications president announced today on an "operations" call that premier will lose it's DirecTV HSP status in the next few weeks. Hard to say if it is because of constant tech payroll issues/lawsuits or the fact that Premier has been the second-worst rated HSP in the nation for quality of service for the past couple years. It's all related -unhappy technicians provide a low level of customer service and tarnish DirecTV's reputation. DirecTV couldn't stand back and watch as another 180-Connect debacle threatened the JD-Power Customer Satisfaction Award. The business is too competitive to let the competition get an upper hand because of the unacceptable employee relations, management & customer service of an HSP gone bad.
Who'd have guessed it would have taken so long for D'TV to finally take action & get rid of an HSP that admittedly regarded their tech workforce as one that could be replaced tomorrow.
The truth is that Premier couldn't hire experienced technicians even when they offered a $2500 sign-on bonus! They had three applicants in Omaha during a hiring seminar -two were girls too heavy to climb a class 1A ladder and the other was about 75 years old. Premier has a terrible reputation as an employer. I've never seen such a churn of employees in any business -hundreds of tech's came & left. I would estimate that the average Premier tech has 2 months experience & it shows.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

Today on dbstalks there is a post that Premier has filed for bankruptsy and D* is replacing them.:D:D:D

Its no surprise when you have people like Rick Martin running a company and his main goal in life is to swindlw as much money from the techs as he can and when he has his wife and daughter on the payroll and wow they dont even work for premier hmmm thats weird lol!!!! Well way to go Rick on driving this company right into the ground you did a fabulous job!!!

Ricky Martin had a lot of help running the company into the ground. Owner, Scott Aqino (who was a tech waaay back in the late 80's) has other interests: hot shot trucking & his golf course, country club development in OKC -which wouldn't have let a mexican through the gate 25 years ago!
D'TV has been experimenting with running it's own HSP/installation co. in Texas somewhere. maybe they will be taking over premier's dma's themselves... off to work -hope I get paid. HD

How is it that a former exc. from Premier is now a VP with DTV? Makes you think there was something in the works...........
DTV had record profits, so maybe they want the network. Taking 180Connect may have been just the beginning, it will be interesting if more fall. DTV can pay techs what they're worth!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)