Premier vs Netflix/BB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Just kinda curious on the topic, for debate. Say you change your plan to premier, and drop all types of rentals for movies. I already do not go to the theater, so it is no biggie there.

You would be paying a little more monthly, but you have a one stop shop for all movies, and they'd be HD. You also get all the original series, which is a biggie too. As new movies hit the channels, just record them and watch whenever you want, instead of long waits at BB and what not.

Like I said, I guess you'd have to be willing to lose the BR PQ, as well as pay a little more, so would it be worth it? Also makes Premier not as popular with the new movement of Redbox. Wonder how long this package can sustain it's price.

My TV has Netflix support built in. It is no contest. Netflix wins with me. My wife and kids end up watching Netflix for the kids stuff more than the DirecTV channels themselves. Some of the HD videos are pretty impressive for a stream too. Not to mention, if I really want to watch a movie in pristine quality, I can get the Bluray sent to me within a day. Premium channels cost too much even when they are bundled in your package.

Netflix. As soon as my 3 moths free runs out on Showtime and Starz, I will cancel.

My only complaint about NetFlix Streaming is no Surround Sound and no 1080P. It is supposed to be coming.

I actually LOVE NetFlix. Bought their stock last year at $25 and it is now $165. They are obviously doing something right.

I can't give up HBO or Showtime because there homegrown series are some of the best TV programming out there.

You can get the series off Netflix, in a BETTER blu-ray format... I dont get why anyone would keep a premium channel for originals anymore.

Netflix and other online options all the way for me.
First time I had netflix I thought it was ok, but did not keep it. Since I added it back this past year and started using the streaming option, I have been VERY pleased.

If you are signing up for Netflix the first time, you can get a free month of service, plus $15 if you order it through the Ebay Bonus Bucks program. Also, Playon.tv allows you to watch Netflix on any TV that has MediaShare access.

I get all of the premiums and Netflix so this doesn't apply to me. If you are concerned about seeing original series just google "torrents."

Status
Please reply by conversation.