Premium channel HD?

j_jimerino

Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
northeast
I have the welcome pack which is fine for me and I currently have a SD receiver. If I add HBO (and upgrade to a HD receiver) will I be able to view HBO HD channels? The welcome pack seems to be ineligible for free HD for life but I don't really care if pawn stars and my big fat redneck gypsy boo boo are in HD. It would be nice if I could get it for HBO though.

I have the welcome pack which is fine for me and I currently have a SD receiver. If I add HBO (and upgrade to a HD receiver) will I be able to view HBO HD channels? The welcome pack seems to be ineligible for free HD for life but I don't really care if pawn stars and my big fat redneck gypsy boo boo are in HD. It would be nice if I could get it for HBO though.

Yes, if you subscribe to a premium package, you get the HD from that package.

Some channels will come in on 119/110 in HD but not many so you may need a different dish setup even with a new HD receiver just keep that in mind.

while the channels in the welcome pack are not in HD any extra channels you add (outdoor pack, heartland, HBO, etc) if there is a HD channel available you will get it
Also freeviews in HD will show up too
but as noted you need a dish that can see the HD sat

You might consider the 211 if you want HD and DVR without extra fees. HD would be on locals, and OTA, plus any package like HBO you add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts