Premium channels grayed out

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cwbuckley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
EL Paso
This may be a stupid question. I was thinking about adding Showtime, so I added the channels to my favorites list to see what movies were available. I noticed of the 9 channels in the Showtime package that 5 of them are grayed out. Why? Also did the samething with all the premium channels and they are all grayed out. If anybody had any answers in regard to this matter, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

I assume this is a DVR? I have a buddy that said he went online and request a signal rehit and then performed a box reset to solve this.

Where exactly did he go, I did a search for signal rehit and got nothing. Thanks for you help.

See if this link works:

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydirectv/mysystem/mySystemResendAuthorization.jsp

If not:

1. Log into your account.

2. Select the "customer service" link in the left pane.

3. From that drop down menu, select "troubleshooting".

4. Then "channel trouble".

5. Then "missing channels"

6. In the SOLUTIONS you will see this:

"Finally, try resetting the affected receiver by clicking here." (note that the word receiver is mis-spelled on the website! lol)

7. Choose the unit to send the re-authorization too and press OK or whatever it is.

Sometime on a DVR I have seen PREM channels come in per your subscription, BUT they are grayed out in the EPG and will not allow your to record them.

I just added all the HD versions of the premiums for this weekend's free-view and noticed the same thing. When I selected a channel that is part of the freeview, but not one of my subscription channels, it asked if I really wanted to record these channels as they are not authorized...or something akin to that. I just told it yes, since they will be available as part of the freeview.

Not sure if this greyed out feature was a CE "fix" in recent weeks, but it doesn't happen with Science Channel HD. Didn't realize I don't get that channel and tried to record something tonight. Went back to watch it, and it said "searching for authorized content". But the channel in the EPG looked just like every other channel I get. So if they want to color code the channels in my lineup, great...just be consistent. ;)

Charper1, sorry to take so long to get back to you. Last night I decided to had Showtime, so I went to my account and added them. However, they were still grayed out in the guide. The grayed out ones I could watch, but could not record them on my HR20 DVR. I went to the link that you gave me and tried that, only it didn't do anything. Then I reset the receiver. When it came up, the channels were still grayed out. So I called. The guy that I talked to, had me reset the receiver, where the red button is located next to the card. He first had me pull out the card and then reset the receiver. Once it booted up, the channels were no longer grayed out. Case closed. Thanks for the help. He did tell me he had to resend the signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)