Premium VS Voom Poll

Would you rather the new premium channel additions or the Voom channels

• Total voters
:
Because there are people who register new accounts to try stir things up. Scott has said this in the past about voomers. I see a couple that may fit the bill.

How am I trying to discredit the poll. I didn't say anything about which way the poll was going that was you. I just disagreed that this is an accurate sample of HD subs. This is just a sample of Satelliteguys members not Dish HD subs.

There are a couple of you Voomers who have a "I'm right, your wrong" attitude about every thing voom related. I added this in the beginning of this thread before many votes were in

I'm very happy with the poll you created and I think it is 100% dead on accurate. Nice work!:)

I am tired of trying to explain what things mean to you. Maybe if you read slower next time you will understand what I wrote.
It's a Voom poll but people who appreciated Voom are not allowed to vote in it? That's what your comment to me was. You said I ONLY CAME to the thread because it said Voom in the title. NO - ITS A POLL. I voted.

Get over it.

???

Apparently, this poll is only for people who don't know what Voom is or don't like Voom?

What kind of poll is that?
Let's see if I have this straight...Spatch, SatelliteGuy's VOOM Troll Extraordinaire, creates a VOOM Poll, doesn't like the results since they are supportive of VOOM, and then attempts to discredit his own poll by claiming that certain members must have created multiple aliases in order to skew the results?:confused:

Of course, the 50+ accounts created by Spatch, the agenda laden VOOM hate monger, should all count!:rolleyes:

Too funny!:D

I have 74 accounts. I only had 48 accounts until this poll was created, but I wanted to up the Voom numbers. It only took a couple of hours to create the additional 26 accounts. I worked on them during the commercials that I now have to endure on pretty much all channels except movie premiums when I watch live TV. I think any Staff member could confirm how many accounts I have, but hopefully they wont bother.

Because there are people who register new accounts to try stir things up. Scott has said this in the past about voomers. I see a couple that may fit the bill.

There are multiple accounts for the same person in your poll? Call them out. I don't want that anymore than you do. Let's hear the list.

How am I trying to discredit the poll. I didn't say anything about which way the poll was going that was you. I just disagreed that this is an accurate sample of HD subs. This is just a sample of Satelliteguys members not Dish HD subs.

Why take a poll and then declare that it is not accurate and can't be taken seriously? I GUARANTEE if there was only 10% Voom and 88% premiums you wouldn't stop singing the praises of your wonderful and balanced poll existing of public votes from a proven, accurate cross-section of Dish customers.

There are a couple of you Voomers who have a "I'm right, your wrong" attitude about every thing voom related. I added this in the beginning of this thread before many votes were in

No, some people question why you think you have the right to continously call for Voomers to "GET OVER IT" and tolerate Voom being trashed and have no right to speak their own preferences and beliefs about the programming. People don't have to agree with you and they don't have to get over anything they don't won't to.

I only have one account and only voted once. Since Spatch indicated Voom people with multiple accounts- not me. It could be Spatch, Hemi, and KAB are the same person.:) They all post very alike.

I only have one account and only voted once. Since Spatch indicated Voom people with multiple accounts- not me. It could be Spatch, Hemi, and KAB are the same person.:) They all post very alike.
Nah, Hemi and Kab wouldn't do that. I don't think the problem exists.

Not really, first not all members that are dish HD subs will vote. The hardcore Voom fans will vote but any member that could care less about voom will probably stay away because voom is in the title. Since all Dish HD subs are not members of this site and members of this site may be more particular about their HD channels that would also affect the vote.

I think this is true.... most people that have moved on, no longer care and would not feel compelled to vote on this. (Like me) You will have a hard time getting a true picture, because you will get a bigger response from those who hope to get something out of it. (VOOMERS) Those who want VOOM will want their voice heard and head straight to the Poll. Those who do not care either way, do not really have much reason to try and have their voice heard, much less read these threads or polls. (Non-VOOMERS) They will probably pass right over it.

This sounds like the kind of explanation you would read from someone when the poll didn't work the way they wanted it to.

Your participation in any Voom discussions would be much more palatable if you would refrain from saying "get over it". Why not go find some viewers who want the Yes Network on Dish and tell them it isn't on Dish so get over it.

I haven't gone into any of these VOOM threads in a while.. but it seems to me like it is the same handful of VOOM supporters that are filling up the threads since the beginning. (Most of whom now only want to discredit DISH any chance they get.) When people say "get over it", it generally means they are tired of hearing about it. I think this is the case from everyone, no matter which side they may fall on.

There is a particularly large group of Satguys who like to discuss how much they hate these 15 channels, and enter any thread about these 15 channels to argue about them. I dont know if these same folks post in threads about every channel they dislike, or if they reserve their venom for just these 15. For some reason, these 15 particular channels need to be exterminated, as they seem to threaten the continued existence of the human race.

I wouldn't say that they need to be exterminated.. I wouldn't mind still having them a part of DISH, however, they were removed... so I don't see why it's worthy to have so many threads/posts discussing it to the extent that it is, still to this day. I think most of the people you feel "hate" VOOM or argue about them are really only reacting to the post made by the VOOM supporters. The initial onslaught of post was a bit overbearing, and to some, still is. I doubt that anyone really wanted VOOM to be removed. But I would guess there are a LOT of people that are not as hardcore as it is presented here in these forums.
I would imagine there are alot of folks who had the HD package (not satguys members) that probably look back and think.. hey.. you remember those channels we had before.. I wonder what ever happened to them? In fact, there are some that never even ventured to the VOOM channels that were located in the 9000's, and they probably don't even realize they were removed.

I am tired of trying to explain what things mean to you. Maybe if you read slower next time you will understand what I wrote.

Spatch, it's not worth it.... I really don't think either side wants to understand the other.

Let's see if I have this straight...Spatch, SatelliteGuy's VOOM Troll Extraordinaire, creates a VOOM Poll, doesn't like the results since they are supportive of VOOM, and then attempts to discredit his own poll by claiming that certain members must have created multiple aliases in order to skew the results?:confused:

Of course, the 50+ accounts created by Spatch, the agenda laden VOOM hate monger, should all count!:rolleyes:

So because Spatch has an opinion on VOOM, he is a TROLL? I guess if someone doesn't agree with your opinion on a matter, that makes them a troll. I am sure if we went through every VOOM thread, we would find the same handful of VOOM supporters present in every thread stating the same thing over and over. You have gone out of your way to discredit him. You obviously do not like anyone who may disagree with you on this matter.

An Internet Troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

========

Like I said earlier in this post, I generally have tried to stay away from these threads because it has gotten old, and it is apparent that VOOM will not be returning to DISH without some sort of Miracle. I usually use ISPY to view the FORUMS. It does get old to see the same sort of arguments from both sides. I do not go into the threads, but those of us who use this means to view all posts made in the FORUMS, do get tired of seeing all of this VOOM stuff after all of these months. I felt encouraged when Scott mentioned he was going to combine all of the VOOM threads and then limit the new threads created concerning VOOM unless it really concerned DISH, since it is no longer a service relating to DISH. I guess that doesn't help much.

I didn't vote on the poll... since I am happy with the Premiums, and I would be happy with VOOM as well. If I had to choose either one, and not the other.....? I would choose the Premiums. I do think, however, that if you put an option for neither, you should also have provided an option for both.

Wrong again!!

I voted because I miss Monsters HD... that said I voted for the premiums as I may have watched Monsters HD 2-3x a week whereas I've watched the various HBO's this week (inparticular family w/ my daughter) many times and it's nice to see a different program 6 hours later and not a repeat.

Polls in a forum like this are not scientific because of multiple votes on any sides. To give too much credit to those poll results is stupid in the first place, and to argue who is trying to contaminate the poll is not too smart either:)

Personally if I really want VOOM to come back on E*, I would write to Cablevision and beg them to allow E* to consolidate VOOM to 5 or less channels, that way both VOOM and more HD premiums can be available on E*. Why not make everyone happy?

Ok, again where did I say any of this?

There are multiple accounts for the same person in your poll? Call them out. I don't want that anymore than you do. Let's hear the list.

Like I said I didn't and won't go through all of the names, but when you see a name that begins with mult, joins, votes in the poll and hasn't had any activity since then you have to wonder. Also, you have people that joined right after the voom take down, post in the voom threads and haven't posted since Scott mentioned that voomers are registering multiple accounts to make it look like they have more support. You can ask Scott which members they are.

Why take a poll and then declare that it is not accurate and can't be taken seriously?

I didn't.
Where are you getting this from? I just said it is not accurate representation of all Dish HD subs in response to this.
Even if 30-35% of the HD subscribers want Voom back that is pretty decent #s.
It is a small sample but probably close within 10% or so.

No, some people question why you think you have the right to continously call for Voomers to "GET OVER IT" and tolerate Voom being trashed and have no right to speak their own preferences and beliefs about the programming. People don't have to agree with you and they don't have to get over anything they don't won't to.

I never said that you shouldn't speak your own preference. It is you that jumps on anyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs. You miss-quote and take things out of context to try and make people look bad.

An Internet Troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

Like A former Dish Sub who constantly posts anything negative he can find about Dish in the Dish forums. cough riffjim cough
========
I didn't vote on the poll... since I am happy with the Premiums, and I would be happy with VOOM as well. If I had to choose either one, and not the other.....? I would choose the Premiums. I do think, however, that if you put an option for neither, you should also have provided an option for both.

I didn't make a both option for a few different reasons.
1. Since it appears the new channel additions replaced the space left by voom I wanted to see if people were happy with Dish's decision.
2. You don't need to sub to premiums. That is why I put neither.
3. If I put both (does Dish have room for both?)...everyone would answer both.

People asked for more premiums in HD. I wanted to see if they were happy that using the space that voom occupied was a good trade off.

It is a tough question because it effects a small amount of Dish subs. You first need to sub to a premium package that got the new channels and you also would have liked the voom channels. At least with the neither question people who don't have a premium or liked Voom could vote.

Like I said I didn't and won't go through all of the names, but when you see a name that begins with mult, joins, votes in the poll and hasn't had any activity since then you have to wonder. Also, you have people that joined right after the voom take down, post in the voom threads and haven't posted since Scott mentioned that voomers are registering multiple accounts to make it look like they have more support. You can ask Scott which members they are.

I didn't.
Where are you getting this from? I just said it is not accurate representation of all Dish HD subs in response to this.

I never said that you shouldn't speak your own preference. It is you that jumps on anyone who doesn't agree with your beliefs. You miss-quote and take things out of context to try and make people look bad.

I haven't seen Scott say anything about multiple user accounts being related to Voom. I have seen multiple accounts talked about by a few folks who were pushing things beyond what even SatGuys will tolerate with reference to banning users but not Voom. I need a link please.

People joining right after Voom was taken down could be all the lurkers who don't want to get into posting because of they don't want to take the abuse but felt Voom was worthy of them speaking out and it could be new people who were ticked off and found a place to vent. You however assume nefarious and dubious reasons with no proof.

Stating that your own poll is "not an accurate representation" is what I am talking about. It's your poll then you declare that the results are bogus and that your ulterior motive was to expose people you have aproblem with based on your viewpoint and opinion of Voom.

Try to make people look bad? Hmmm... What's the real purpose of this poll again:

"With that said,I believe what I said is true and you are one of the voom fans that came in because voom was in the title."

The only reason people would stay away from a Voom thread is because it always winds up becoming a dispute instead of a discussion.

IT IS A POLL, not a voom haters or voom lovers discussion thread. Most people who voted DID NOT COMMENT. They know what to expect when Voom get any good press.

The poll as an OVERT tool shows a pretty good result as far as Voom versus Premiums so the comments are made about its accuracy. Why? Is it even necessary? We don' realize its a FORUM POLL? You, who created the poll, must now explain that it is meaningless?

As a COVERT agenda, this POLL with the additional commentary about its value is simply an exercise in allowing negative commentary about Voom to begin again in another thread.

I haven't seen Scott say anything about multiple user accounts being related to Voom. I have seen multiple accounts talked about by a few folks who were pushing things beyond what even SatGuys will tolerate with reference to banning users but not Voom. I need a link please.

What I also find funny is that a lot of these new VOOM die hards upset about its demise is that a lot of these folks crying for its return and the death of Dish Network are actually the same people logging in with more then one account. So in a way yes folks it is the SAME PEOPLE complaining about VOOM over and over again trying to make it look like more people are upset, when really most folks really don't care.

Here you go:D

Here you go:D
Thank you. I think I remember seeing that comment now.

You still don't see what it looks like when you start the poll, declare that it not accurate, and then claim that only hard core Voomers would even vote in it?

Besides:

We are wasting a lot of posts on this when we could have pushed the Voom Goes Boom thread over 2,000 posts by now.

:D

Try to make people look bad? Hmmm... What's the real purpose of this poll again:

"With that said,I believe what I said is true and you are one of the voom fans that came in because voom was in the title."

As a COVERT agenda, this POLL with the additional commentary about its value is simply an exercise in allowing negative commentary about Voom to begin again in another thread.

The quote of mine was in reponse to what I said here:
Not really, first not all members that are dish HD subs will vote. The hardcore Voom fans will vote but any member that could care less about voom will probably stay away because voom is in the title. Since all Dish HD subs are not members of this site and members of this site may be more particular about their HD channels that would also affect the vote.

If you are going to quote me tell the whole story.

If you are going to quote me tell the whole story.

Your "complete" quote is the primary dispute - you claim that only hard core Voomers would VOTE in the poll. Not true, however, most voters did not comment and that much is clearly visible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)