Premium VS Voom Poll

Would you rather the new premium channel additions or the Voom channels

• Total voters
Hmm, I wonder where I've heard this before?

Yes, and I agree with a lot of things you have said. To be honest I'm happy well pretty happy with the latest additions. I get Encorehd which is a nice surprise, hdnet movies, Mgm, and Cinemax for a decent price. If they could just bring back the 5 best of Voom I would never have anything E* related to complain about. The Voom thing though put a bad taste in everyones mouth. I've been ragging on you about this poll but in all honesty most of your posts are well thought out and pretty close to what Voomers believe. I don't think anyone believes that Voom should be 15 channels. It would be nice if some would admit that Voom does have a good following and maybe E* like many underestimated the # of people that want Voom back.

Last edited:
Yes, and I agree with a lot of things you have said. To be honest I'm happy well pretty happy with the latest additions. I get Encorehd which is a nice surprise, hdnet movies, Mgm, and Cinemax for a decent price. If they could just bring back the 5 best of Voom I would never have anything E* related to complain about. The Voom thing though put a bad taste in everyones mouth. I've been ragging on you about this poll but in all honesty most of your posts are well thought out and pretty close to what Voomers believe. I don't think anyone believes that Voom should be 15 channels. It would be nice if some would admit that Voom does have a good following and maybe E* like many underestimated the # of people that want Voom back.
I'd like the 15 back AND the at least 6 others that didn't show up on Dish. I heard they were good too.

I'd like the 15 back AND the at least 6 others that didn't show up on Dish. I heard they were good too.

So would I but looking at sat/cable channels they just don't have the room for 15+ Voom channels. The more quality programming the better. Where else can you find gems that are OAR and have great transfers. Certainly not UHD, most premiums, and the other crap channels like BravoHD. I'm still confused on why HBO/Cinemax feel they have to zoom movies.

I don't get why the Voomers think this poll proves their point. Even stuffing the ballot box, premiums are still winning by 8 votes. A small margin, but a win none the less.

I don't get why the Voomers think this poll proves their point. Even stuffing the ballot box, premiums are still winning by 8 votes. A small margin, but a win none the less.

What? Are you kidding me? Premiums are the most popular channels available. I would have been happy with 70/30 against premiums.

At least the original 10 that came to Dish in the beginning. Then occasionally (like every few months) flip some of the channels to the others effectively re-visiting them all. All 21 even! How's that for an idea?

You don't think the Voom haters are stuufing the ballot box too? Why not? A near equal vote is something to take notice of!

I put one vote in the box for Voom. I am also now looking at the free premiums. I hate what I am looking at. For some stupid reason I thought I should give it a try. Then I see DirecTV is thinking of picking Voom up. Now I am locked into a Dish committment for 2 years. It's not marketing. It's trickery!!

dish would need to bring back Voom HD to get us back!

I switched to Directv due to Voom HD being dropped and while I greatly enjoy the quality of service, picture, etc. I would switch back to the weak customer service and being treated like crap by dish if they brought back voom HD!

We lose 15 high quality, 24/7, no commercial, unedited, OAR high definition channels and you call that a win?

As bad as voom haters make it sound, premiums should be ahead 98% to 2%.

Nice win premium boy!

My guess is Spatch (aka dragon002, red ufo, and other aliases)

I did a search on those two one of them (red ufo) last post was 8-25-2004 and another is listed as a Directv installer. Where do you come up with such things.

I am guessing the that you must have a couple of alias and are trying to cover it up by blaming other people.

Okay it seems that a few people made multiple accounts on both sides. So the poll is accurate to about 98%. Will throw 2% of the votes out. We have 6.8% that voted neither. By neither I take it that they want both. Voom kicked a$$.:clap

Okay it seems that a few people made multiple accounts on both sides. So the poll is accurate to about 98%. Will throw 2% of the votes out. We have 6.8% that voted neither. By neither I take it that they want both. Voom kicked a$$.:clap

By voting neither I meant neither. I'd rather see the Viacom, Fox, and other Rainbow networks come, plus MOJO and some other independents.

Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing a 5 channel Voom come back, but I'd rather see mainstream basic channels.

By voting neither I meant neither. I'd rather see the Viacom, Fox, and other Rainbow networks come, plus MOJO and some other independents.

Granted, I wouldn't mind seeing a 5 channel Voom come back, but I'd rather see mainstream basic channels.

Fair enough. I also would like to see mainstream channels added but not the quality that they added back in May. Not much worth adding.

I did a search on those two one of them (red ufo) last post was 8-25-2004 and another is listed as a Directv installer. Where do you come up with such things.

I am guessing the that you must have a couple of alias and are trying to cover it up by blaming other people.
I was responding to iamacheater's question...and yes, you are the most logical choice based on the games you are playing in the VOOM threads. I would ask that you please stop because your double-talk and rhetoric are getting a little little bit tiresome.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)