Prepaid

Profits to the retailer are a fraction of what the normal system sales are but has no risk to the retailer. I can see many retailers charging more upfront for the hardware and try to talk many people into them doing the install to try to maximize their profits. I can also see a LOT of lowballers with little or no service for the product. I expect to see a lot of these on ebay. Since you can only get AT60 and no locals with this system I do not expect this to be very popular. This is good for those that need "Something" and has to settle for this that did not pay a previous bill or is not qualified by the retailer by having a credit card or high risk.

Well I thought about Ebay. I saw where one guy was doing it but that was it. But I would say more will follow. It would be good I guess like you say for people who didn't pay a bill or someone who didn't have a ssn or bad credit. I saw a thing the other day where there was around 12million people who didn't even have a checking account. WOW!!

Dish has prepaid? And why would they cap it at top 60 w/no locals? You would think that they would want more money out of folks.

chadzx11 said:
Dish has prepaid? And why would they cap it at top 60 w/no locals? You would think that they would want more money out of folks.

The way I understand if this works out good then they will proceed with more higher cards.

That is what I am wondering chadzx11, its probably just a way of getting started and see how it goes. They have to think this way though, that it might not get successful just for the fact that they do not offer higher prices packages and/or locals and movie and other premium packages.

This also sounds like a good deal for someone needing a short-term solution, like if you are living in an apartment for a short time, or are on an extended job assignment in a remote area. If you can get the equipment for a small up-front cost (maybe be able to use cheap used equipment from Ebay) there might be a small market for this service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)