President Asks for Primetime Slot in May Sweeps

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
By Josef Adalian
The President Obama Show will be making an appearance in the May sweeps.
Officials from the Obama administration have asked the major broadcast networks for up to an hour of primetime next Wednesday at 8, according to sources familiar with the request. Mr. Obama wants the time for a news conference outlining his first 100 days in office.
The latest appearance falls on the first Wednesday of the May sweeps, which means networks also will have to reschedule some key programming.

Source & More: tvweek.com

The latest appearance falls on the first Wednesday of the May sweeps, which means networks also will have to reschedule some key programming.

"Have to"? Why don't they just run the normal programming? Anything he says can be summarized on the news later. Hasn't he damaged broadcast TV's scheduling and budget enough by delaying the digital transition?

"Have to"? Why don't they just run the normal programming? Anything he says can be summarized on the news later. Hasn't he damaged broadcast TV's scheduling and budget enough by delaying the digital transition?

Of course! Go green! But hey lets leave thousands of power hungry analog transmitters running. ;)

I can care less, I don't watch much network TV on Wednesday night anyways. I think the only thing that records on network TV on Wed is CSI.

Discussion of 100 days accomplishments sounds like something for the normal news networks to carry, not worthy of a prime time prempt. The networks should say no.

I find presidential addresses extremely boring and worthless. Most could be summed up with one 30 second statement. That is what they are reduced to anyways by the news. It would be interesting to know what the ratings are for these. If we were suddenly at war, or other emergency news, then perhaps I would watch it.

This is not a political statement, I do not watch the President from either party. Just have them tape whatever they want, put it on the internet for anyone to watch and let the news guys and all the other politicians have at it.

State of the Union: A never ending list of applause lines, most of which are forgotten and never acted upon

Press Conference: A never ending list of questions from reporters about things that have already been asked 100x, what makes people think that the President will suddenly give a new answer?

Other Speeches (like this one): essentially a feel good commercial. I rather watch an infomercial. At least I would be suprised by what the wait there is more thrown in items...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)