Price increase time

Status
Please reply by conversation.
true, but i blame the networks more than the providers
directv/dish/comcast ect are passing through the cost increase.

i think the only thing that could hange it would be alacarte
it would show the stations what people are willing to pay
Oh I agree ...

And I'm not really blaming the MVPDs either ...

That's why I said "irrespective of the causes" if they keep raising prices there will have to be a breaking point.

Though I did hold out some hope, perhaps naively so, that with AT&T's much deeper pockets, they could absorb smaller profit margins from DIRECTV and not have to simply pass the entire programming costs to their subscribers like when DIRECTV was a separate company.

So much for that idea ...

AT&T is increasing cost just as much as DIRECTV did before the merger ...

did Directv get rid of the "all included" plans where you get up to 4 tvs included with the monthly cost? That's what I got when I signed back up with them a year ago. However, I was browsing packages for my parents, and it only says the first TV is free and the old $7/additional tv charge was listed in the offer.

:welcome to Satelliteguys triangletechie!

I think they went back to the old billing method.

did Directv get rid of the "all included" plans where you get up to 4 tvs included with the monthly cost? That's what I got when I signed back up with them a year ago. However, I was browsing packages for my parents, and it only says the first TV is free and the old $7/additional tv charge was listed in the offer.
I like that better ...
If I signed up for a package of 4 recvrs in the all inclusive package (thats what they had at the time), I paid whatever the price was listed ...
But I say, I only need 3 boxes, they give you 4, or they give you 3 , but the cost stays the same ....
If the all inclusive is the only option, why is it not LESS money if I only need 3 recvrs ?

I like that better ...
If I signed up for a package of 4 recvrs in the all inclusive package (thats what they had at the time), I paid whatever the price was listed ...
But I say, I only need 3 boxes, they give you 4, or they give you 3 , but the cost stays the same ....
If the all inclusive is the only option, why is it not LESS money if I only need 3 recvrs ?
the all included works for me as I prefer having 4 tvs and not having to worry about the $7/box charge. I'm guessing I will always have the all included plan (grandfathered) and that the brand new customers will only see the first tv free option and then $7 per additional box?

Yea.

The issue was that not everyone needed 4 boxes.

So they basically took it to the first box so they would have a lower advertised price , even though technically the package went up 6 if you wanted 4 televisions. However for 3 or less it went down.

Most customers today get 1-2 rooms

The customers with 4 rooms are not as popular these days

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)