Price Increase

cause dish should just give the service away for free!?!
If there is a better deal out there for you then take it! There is no reason to stick with them if that is so. For me, even if they raise my rate $1 next year, it is still the best deal out there for me. I get my programming I want, it comes in clear and with very few interruptions, and what I spend on my bill compared to my friends who have comcrap is less, so no reason to complain!

Seeing as how defensive some of these people are when we complain the least little bit about DISH, I'm beginning to think they must be working for them or something!! When somebody complains, don't take it so personally... GOOD FOR YOU IF YOU GET A GOOD DEAL! Asking a simple question about a rate increase seems pretty valid to me....

Seeing as how defensive some of these people are when we complain the least little bit about DISH, I'm beginning to think they must be working for them or something!! When somebody complains, don't take it so personally... GOOD FOR YOU IF YOU GET A GOOD DEAL! Asking a simple question about a rate increase seems pretty valid to me....
and if you will look at my first post (I believe it is #2 in this thread) I gave a simple answer to said simple question. (Apperantly you missed that one) My second post had to do with stone saying:
stone phillips420 said:
some things in life are certain price increases from dish for lackluster service, death, and taxes!
not to the original post about an increase. Was I being defensive, hell no. I stated that if you have a better deal out there then take it. Is that being defense? Hardly, being more obvious than anything else! Maybe that was lost on you?!? :rolleyes: Who knows.
But then I explain that for me (not for anyone else) it is the best deal for me despite what stone thinks is certain which is lackluster service which I stated I have not received and get a fair deal for what I pay for compared to the other options in my area. I will defend something when it works for me. If it doesn't for you, then so be it, find something that does.

Prices for channels goes up, prices for putting satellites in the air goes up, prices for hiring employees, insurance, operating, etc. all goes up. So yeah, $1 isn't really unreasonable when some cable companies are raising their rates 5-7% a year.

Well it's not the price of installers going up. Dish gives them a pay cut every year.

Loss of DNS only affected about 900,000 of the 12.7 million subs Dish has. Of that about 300,000 of them can receive their locals anyway and were only getting distants cause they already had them or for "some other reason". And doesn't Dish paying for the OTA antenna if you have to have one?
DVR isn't going anywhere. It will be on Dish until some new technology comes around.
Prices for channels goes up, prices for putting satellites in the air goes up, prices for hiring employees, insurance, operating, etc. all goes up. So yeah, $1 isn't really unreasonable when some cable companies are raising their rates 5-7% a year.
I'm one of 300,000 sorry I guess not enough numbers to vent here. OTA gets me one class and one class B. 508 is now useless for time shifting. This has taken alot away with no way to get it back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts