Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well folks looks like Chris at DBSTalk was correct in his news that a Price increase was coming in February.

If you log into your Dish network account there is a box there which explains why the are increasing the price.

I knew a price increase was coming but expected it in March instead of February.

Price Adjustments Slide

priceIncrease_chart.gif

Wth!?!?

I am paying around $50 a month for 180 + locals + hbo and cin ... that says that I will have to pay $20 more now per month.

This is bull .. why even switch to Dish now? They over compress, they are the same $$ as cable, you have to pay $30-$100 to have people come fix the dish if it needs it, their boxes are buggy...

Bah, I am going back to cable if I get charged $20 more a month.

Pyrophoric said:
Wth!?!?

I am paying around $50 a month for 180 + locals + hbo and cin ... that says that I will have to pay $20 more now per month.

This is bull .. why even switch to Dish now? They over compress, they are the same $$ as cable, you have to pay $30-$100 to have people come fix the dish if it needs it, their boxes are buggy...

Bah, I am going back to cable if I get charged $20 more a month.

No! You are going to $52.99. that $80 includes HBO and Cinemax.....

Bobby said:
No! You are going to $52.99. that $80 includes HBO and Cinemax.....

No, I am paying $50 atm for 180+local+hbo+cin ...

The chart above says I will be paying 69.99 as of Feb.

It's hard to believe that Dish will announce a price increase without a significant increase in channels.

Throw us a bone with Cnn International, or Trio, or Ovation . .!

I am sick of paying all this $$$ for sports , which I don't even care about!

mitchflorida said:
It's hard to believe that Dish will announce a price increase without a significant increase in channels.

Amen to that, especially after D*'s HD network onslaught.

Yup it's pretty ridiculus that AT120 will now be the same price as TC+ when TC+ has all the non premium channels. Still TC will now be lower and it still has more channels than AT120!

GRRR

I don't mean to make it sound like a price increase is good but lets put it into perspective. I have a 311 and 510, Top 120, and Local and with the price increase my total bill with taxes will be around $55.

Now if I were to get the same stuff from Charter Communications it would be about $70 for Digital Cable, DVR, and an extra Digital Cable box for my other TV. So I will take the $15 savings and be happy.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you log into your Dish network account there is a box there which explains why the are increasing the price.
Actually, right now I get a 404. I think the Dish webmasters are the same morons who program the receivers. Ever notice that http://dishnetwork.com doesn't work? Jeez, that's Webmaster 101.
Pyrophoric said:
No, I am paying $50 atm for 180+local+hbo+cin ...
Are you sure you have AT180 and not AT120? $50 for that is a super sweet deal that you'd be lucky to have.

the website is working on and off. But besides the contact form, all the info is in those 2 pics.

That's a funny FAQ list. I would have thought F.A.Q. #1 (from Joe Sixpack himself, at least) would be:

1. Why?

OK, so many Joe (& Jane) Sixpacks out there would want to know the answer to that one, as they may not lurk on this board to see possible explanations. But, still, as mentioned above, with no real new channels announced yet (officially), I would just like to see what the answer to that question would be.

BTW, does that list indicate we'll all be getting one PPV coupon to make up for it? Ha. Ha.

Yeah I was thinking of that myself...

it does say "as stated on the letter we sent"

Funny, where's my letter?

Hmm... Wish they included the locals in the list.

Technically I have AT180 with locals and I pay $49.99.
Checking the current statement then I pay $44.99 + $5.00 for locals. The new price for AT180 is $47.99 so my net increase is $3/month. My new bill will be $52.99 a month

AT180 w/locals and HBO/CM currently is $66.99 and your new price is $69.99 so that net increase is also $3/month.

I don't want to be picky but the increases are fairly even. Is it even more than inflation?

I wonder if the early price increase for you guys has anything to do with that SBC announcment. Seems messed up to raise the prices and they have not added anything programming wise of late. Maybe the increase will come with some yet to be announced new channels SD & or HD.

I'll take the $3.00 increase. I've been with Dish for almost three years, maybe I'm too stupid to notice, but I've never seen an increase. When I left cable I was paying $24.99 a month for 70 channels, now they are up to $31.99. My cable bill would be about $17.00 a month higher. I see DirecTV coming with an increase in a monmth or two, just give them a little bit to get everyone to switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)