Price Increases for Dish on 2/1/2005

Sirius Radio didn't cost them money, it was a 50/50 promo deal.

The things that cost them the money are:

Viacom negotiations
Turner Negotiations
ABC/ESPN negotiations
and the upcoming million/billion costs for: the single dish conversion, MPEG4 conversion, and satellite launches.

The increase only is putting us down because we're the first to receive it.

D* will be increasing in march, it's just whether they will match the $3 that is unknown, But i think they will or be a lot closer.

Dish is crazy, I won't accept the increase because I will move down from the 180 to the 120 package. I don't need all those radio channels for a TV.

I see more people wanting to downgrade their programming packages this year to make up for the increase than prior increases this amount. When times get hard people look for ways of making up for the price increases. Every little thing adds up, $3 here, $10 there something has to give. When prices goes up higher than inflation and people's paychecks dont go up accordingly people have to give something up.

Stargazer said:
I see more people wanting to downgrade their programming packages this year to make up for the increase than prior increases this amount. When times get hard people look for ways of making up for the price increases. Every little thing adds up, $3 here, $10 there something has to give. When prices goes up higher than inflation and people's paychecks dont go up accordingly people have to give something up.

:clap

Those increases start adding up afterwhile when everyone is doing it (while the paycheck goes up little, if at all)

Looks like D* has joined the party.

Price Increase effective March 1 2005

The Total Choice package will go from $39.99 a month to $41.99 a month. Total Choice Plus will increase from $42.99 a month to $45.99 a month. And Total Choice Premier will climb from $90.99 a month to $93.99 a month.

NightRyder

Yup, exactly. I knew they'd fall in line ;) It's just that E* went first. I imagine that cable will go up even more. So everything is back to happy mediums :)

I just figured it was like the local gas stations. One guy down the street raises his a little everyone else follows his lead. All the while the town next door remains at the same lower price. They have our asses over a barrel and they know it. Really, the only other options are to either pay the damn increases or get an old pipe and ota antenna. They don't sweat it cause they know that crap will never happen.

They are all pigs. Just different breeds.

Because I like my friends and like to keep them as friends. Why would I ask them to go through the same hell I'm having? Not much of a friend if I did.

Down graded from AT180 to just HD-pack

Well, Dish - The Flying Pig - is going to get about $50 less every month from me now on. I deactivated my PVR721 and cancelled AT180 package after being a subscriber for 18 months. The price increase was just the last straw. I had to wait about 7 min (the longest ever) to talk to a CSR. But he did not ask the reason or try to talk me out of it. He could have easily talked me into subscribing one of the movie package (HBO, Showtime etc) !!.

I think the primary reason I am cutting back is due to lack of HD programming. I am getting plenty of free OTA in HD using 811 in my area. I am keeping the HD-pack for now. The cost for all those hundreds of LIL channels Dish added and the expenses for single dish do not do anything for me and I am not willing to pay for them. Most of the channels in AT180 had excessive amount of commercials which I am not willing to pay. I get all the commercials I can handle for free from local stations.

If the primary purpose of a satellite service is to re-broadcast the local channels in HD (most probably compressed) or SD, I do not have any use for them. I love movies, but not the way satellite is showing them, I would rather buy or rent DVDs to take advantage of my HD-TV.

Bumping and new info:

If you're currently under a first time customer promo commitment only, you're price will be locked until your commitment is over.

This was shared on today's retailer chat and evident on my monthly bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)