Price of Dish America,Silver & Gold package

This isn't a price question, but can anyone with America Silver or Gold tell me if the channels below are in those packages ? We have plain America and they are NOT and I have (2) different lists of the channel line-ups that I don't think are 100% accurate.

AMC
BBC America (don't care that much now that the real Top Gear is gone)
Big 10 Network
FX

I have a feeling that when AMC and possibly FX were dropped and later returned, at that point the "America" packages were no longer regularly available (as in, offered when you sign up, listed on the website, etc) so those channels weren't put in them. AMC and FX are both available in packages as low as AT120 so it's odd that they're not available in even America Gold.
As a RSN, Big 10 should be included in DA Silver and Gold since you are in Big 10 territory. I do not know if other parts of the country would get Big 10 in those packages, or if they would have to add Multi-Sport. As for the other channels you listed, blame the channel owners. I do not remember any Fox-owned channels being included in DA Silver when I subscribed to it, but that was five years ago. I also do not remember getting AMC or BBC America in that package, but that might have been before Dish even started carrying the HD feed of those channels.

I do have my own list and for B10N, I have "?" on Silver and Gold for the rain you mention.

With the others, I'm not sure the channels are too blame, but more likely it's Dish. The channels would want to be in EVERY package if it were up to them, don't you think?

When The Walking Dead returns, I'll have to switch and I see no advantage of America Silver over AT120 (except HDNet off-hand) for the same $.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

With the others, I'm not sure the channels are too blame, but more likely it's Dish. The channels would want to be in EVERY package if it were up to them, don't you think?
Not necessarily. Some channel owners seem to have a problem with the "HD Only" packages, since they also want to force subscribers to pay for their other channels, which might only be carried in SD. Disney and Fox channels are the main glaring omissions from the Dish America packages. There is a reason for that, don't you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts