Nice app, but it doesn't represent the options I currently have, which is:
Classic Silver 200 with DVR
Classic Gold 250
GoldHD
DHPP
- DVR Package Credit
for a total pre-tax of $80.98.

Netflix

[FONT=&quot]Netflix is a solution for search of our favorite movies. It was suggested by my good friend. I was searching for movies on net randomnly. Netflix is already four times bigger than Blockbuster in the online segment and is continually investing in marketing[/FONT]

yeah lots of ticked off subs will likely cancel AEP and do net flix and blue ray, stop buying PPVs if your one of the unfortunate targeted by a 15% or more increase....

This seems consistent with the information I was given by a member of their loyalty group a couple of nights ago. I was advised, however, this credit would extend for six months. Of course, this whole thing seems to be changing by the hour and Dish is free to charge any subscriber whatever they want after all the individual credits, etc. are applied. Kind of reminds me of hotel room pricing.

In Scott's case as he posted earlier ( http://www.satelliteguys.us/2085304-post145.html ) there was a $6.00 "Loyalty Credit" in addition to the $5.00 credit per additional box for phone line plugged in before 2/1. Could the $6.00 credit be the one only for six months and the $5.00 credit (if it exists) be a sort of "grandfathered" monthly credit for people who complied with the phone line hookup before February? :confused:

I hope so . I couldn't believe that DISH would be so greedy to charge a full $17.00 per extra dvr . Allowing for the phone credit is smart because it means most will see no change at all from what they are all ready paying. Two it keeps people from stacking and DISH sells your viewer habits to companies who are willing to pay for it.

How about superstations and sports pack. Any change there"

Of course, I do not know what my January bill is anyway, since it was in Spanish, with about 6 or 7 line items, and I do not read Spanish. Three phone calls and two emails only got me a new January bill that started with the ending balance on the old January bill. No other entries. That was sure a lot of help. Also ,every response I got from customer service as to what was on the bill was different - guess they can not read English .As a 10 year customer, I think Dish should do a heck of a lot better. Apparently customer service consists of a lot of idiots and nothing else.

If you want a rough esitmate of how much your bill is going up (or in a few cases DOWN) then please check out http://www.satelliteguys.us/calc.htm :)

Yup SatelliteGuys does it again. ;)

Based on entering my information into the calculator, my sub will go up 10%. If I turn in my 522 and replace it with a 211k and an EHD, my bill will only go up by $3.

I am trouble understanding why Dish is doing this. Like many others, I will also be reviewing my subscription. With no advantage for having AEP, I may actually enter the new year with a lower bill instead of a higher one. Cool.

Use the calculator

I'm getting hit with a $4.03 increase, which sucks as I just got things straightened out over paying for platinum which no longer seems to exist as a separate service. I have classic gold 250, gold hd, dhpp and locals; 722 and a 322 for receivers. the increase is in the receiver fee. It was $5.00 and is now a net of $9.00.
the competition is still more expensive for comparable service as is cable. We do not have FIOS yet so I have no idea how that would compare. So I really can't complain, I just wish there was a way to reduce the outages during heavy rain and snow (I know why it happens, I just wish it could be fixed so it doesn't!)

Ross

W/ only 2 I think you have something figured wrong. Use the calulator that Scott has supplied and then see if it is still 4 increase.

So if Im a new customer starting Feb 1 what is cheaper.

Purchasing (4) 211 receivers about 140 each and then activating them?
Purchasing (3) 211 receivers and lease one 211 receiver from dish?
Leasing all 4 receivers

I don't want any dual tuner receivers.

Leasing all 4 receivers

You're going to do the install (the dish antenna, cables, etc) yourself?

Eric

Leasing all 4 receivers

Well the FIRST receiver is fee free:) So if you want a nice high def box and a SD out a 722K as the primary is a good deal

Leasing all 4 receivers
The cheapest way is to lease as many receivers as they will allow. The cost is in the monthly fees which would appear to be the same either way.

Do not make the mistake of dreaming that you're going to cut a fat hog on resale.

The new pricing will not show on bills until your bill is created / cut in february.

So if my latest "current" bill was just cut in today, January 28, due the 16th of February, means I have a one month reprieve? Because there was no change in my bill.

If so, the "Oh Goodie" feeling is misplaced and premature?

Last edited:
Hey Scott, thanks for the calculator, My bill changed quietly today, no announcement in the bill or any notice that they were changing anything. I saw a $1.00 increase as the calculator had predicted. I went to account cancellation and informed them that Uverse was coming into my neighborhood and I was thinking of switching. We went back and forth and finally I got a $10/month credit for 12 months. I have turbo hd gold with one 722 and one 211. Everything else remained the same. Not sure if this approach would work for everybody, but thought I would pass it along

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)