Pricing Update from Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My February bill from Dish cut over the weekend and there was no charge to the pricing on my February bill, so I contacted one of my contacts who explained to me that the pricing changes will happen on your bills which are cut after February 1st.

Ok that makes sense to me. :)

If you want a rough esitmate of how much your bill is going up (or in a few cases DOWN) then please check out http://www.satelliteguys.us/calc.htm :)

Yup SatelliteGuys does it again. ;)

Can whoever wrote this add dishHDAbsolute to the programming choices - we are out here and NOT going away willingly!

AH!!! You have to refuse to let it give you a current package and it reverts to Absolute.

Dey din splain id ta me dat wey!

sling

If this is correct, it would appear that the 922 will have a $4 surcharge.

For the first 922 it has been reported that the (whole house) DVR fee will be $10, which is $4 over the normal $6 fee.

Additional 722 recievers are $17, so if a 922 is $21, it would be a $4 surcharge.

Could be the charge for the sling that's built in.

I don't see how this is a matter of perspective. It is pretty black and white to me. How much is your bill going up (or down) each month? It can only be one amount. Take how much you paid last month and subtract what you paid this month for the same services and you will know how much it went up(or down).

Yes, my bill is going up an ACTUAL $6 per month. My point was that the calculator shows it is only going up $1 a month due to the fact that I will no longer be getting the invisible $5 credit for keeping my two tuner receivers plugged in to a phone line. The way I always understood it, that was always an extra fee assessed if you did not connect to a phone line. I don't think Dish ever called their NOT charging me for that a CREDIT until now.

I just completed a chat with DISH regarding the new DHPP cancellation fee and was given this info:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DISH Rep: You will not be charged $25.00 cancellation fee if you cancel DHPP warranty today. [/FONT]
Me: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If I cancel DHPP today, may I reinstate it at a later date?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]DISH Rep: Yes, you can add that at any time. However, please remember that cancellation fee will be charged for customers who will enroll after February 1st. You have 1 chance to remove DHPP warranty with out being charged cancellation fee. [/FONT]

My question is regarding to the TV2 connection fee.

Currently, I got two duo receivers-no DVR or HD (each receiver hooking up to an additional TV, total of 4 TV). In the past years, I pay an additional $5.00 for the second duo receiver and since it has a phone line plug in, I don't have to pay the extra $5.00 connection fee.

Right now, there are charging $14.00.

Does this mean they are charging $7.00 each for the 3rd and 4th TV connection???

My question is regarding to the TV2 connection fee.

Currently, I got two duo receivers-no DVR or HD (each receiver hooking up to an additional TV, total of 4 TV). In the past years, I pay an additional $5.00 for the second duo receiver and since it has a phone line plug in, I don't have to pay the extra $5.00 connection fee.

Right now, there are charging $14.00.

Does this mean they are charging $7.00 each for the 3rd and 4th TV connection???

In theory, if you have two DUO receivers, then you have two receivers that both support home plug. That means the receivers can talk to each other through your houses electrical wiring. this should also mean that if one box is connected to broadband, or a telephone line, then both are covered as though they both are connected to the phone line or broadband. At least that is how I understood it.

In theory, if you have two DUO receivers, then you have two receivers that both support home plug. That means the receivers can talk to each other through your houses electrical wiring. this should also mean that if one box is connected to broadband, or a telephone line, then both are covered as though they both are connected to the phone line or broadband. At least that is how I understood it.

That only works with phone line, NOT with broadband. At least that's how it works on my 622/722 setup. If I disconnect the phone line from the 722, then the 622 complains about not being connected to the phone line anymore. The 722 is also connected to the broadband.

An additional charge on a Duo receiver, connection fee and other fees will just force customers to switch. I compare Dish Network new price for 4 TV versus cable and I only see a few bucks difference. For cable, you only need a box to get Digital stations. If not, you can still get the popular networks like ESPN, CNN and others without a box.

For satellite, they just charge $7 for the 3rd and 4th TV + connection fees which they should definitely waive to keep some customers happy and be with Dish Network.

What is the reason they raise the prices so much on receivers??? I rather they raise programming fees for $5.00 more which is still reasonable.

So it's a $5 phone line credit for 6 months and a loyalty credit for 6 months.

Good, 6 months will take us through the end of our contract. If Dish wants us after that, they'll offer us a more fair deal.

My increase would be about 27 bucks:(

Less their 6 month 11 buck a month credit? NO!!!:(

If they had grandfathered the 5 buck / month per receiver phone fee I would of downgraded service and remained a sub.

I am mad that management is so stupid!

On a brite side hopefully churn will put them under 14 million so they can have another party meeting that milestone.

an additional 922 = 21.00 fee

Seems like no one will pay this unless they have more than one. Dish says first receiver is free and the most expensive will always be the first one under the new pricing.

HDMI just died on one of my 622s so I'm looking to upgrade to the 922 when available instead of repairing it. CSR said I'm eligible for a free upgrade but they are currently sending 622s out for free upgrades, not a 722 or 722K!

Seems like no one will pay this unless they have more than one. Dish says first receiver is free and the most expensive will always be the first one under the new pricing. . . .

Last I looked and I can't look now because their site is swamped, my 625 is listed as the primary and the 722 as a third, with the 501D second. Now that could have changed. But I can't tell.

Checked site this AM it still listed me as having a 4700, its been years.........

You can call E or check site for details.

I wouldnt want to be a E rep at this time, as the bills come out its going to be UGLY.

Turbo Silver HD vs new America's Top 200 HD

Will the new Silver HD package(or whatever the name is) now have all the HD currently in America's Top 200 HD.

It has channels such as MSNBC-HD, FOX-HD, that currently aren't on Turbo Silver HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)