Pricing Update from Dish Network

I have 2 622's AEP + Platinum and locals, my bill went up $13.01 which is 10.8%. old bill was $119.98 new bill is 132.99. My Social Security check check went up O% this year because there is supposed to be negative inflation. Somebody forgot to tell Charlie!

I'm in the same boat as of the beginning of this year. Do you really think that Chuck gives a F--- about ole fahts?

I have 2 622's AEP + Platinum and locals, my bill went up $13.01 which is 10.8%. old bill was $119.98 new bill is 132.99. My Social Security check check went up O% this year because there is supposed to be negative inflation. Somebody forgot to tell Charlie!
So drop to a lower package.

So drop to a lower package.

I'm disabled and in the house all day, my television and computer are all I do. Just so happens Charlie has his packages arranged so that the channels I watch are only in the AEP (Mil, Sci, Ntgeo, Disc, Foxmo, TCM, Histi, Hist, MGM, Ndnmv, Retro, Indie, Starz (Spartacus), SHO (Tudors), HBO (Band of Brothers and soon Pacific)CNN). As you see I only watch 16 channels and I am unwilling to part with any of them and I want Mil, Foxmo, TCM and Histi in HD also, and while I'm at it I want my damn Voom channels back! Oh, yeah and Smithsonian too.

But...you actually miss my point...complaning about the non-price increase, price increase. Charlie said no programming price increase, technically correct, but actually double talk BS, I'm still getting it in the rear end by 10.8%.

Or cancel and go with another provider.

Not really an option here, either Dish or Direct, nothing else, and everyone knows that Dish has the best DVR, but I still have the right to complain about a no increase, increase don"t I?

...As you see I only watch 16 channels and I am unwilling to part with any of them and I want Mil, Foxmo, TCM and Histi in HD also, and while I'm at it I want my damn Voom channels back! Oh, yeah and Smithsonian too...

Well, if you are unwilling to part with any of them I guess you will have to suck it up and pay the higher cost. We all have choices in life, and this seems to be yours.

I'm disabled and in the house all day, my television and computer are all I do. Just so happens Charlie has his packages arranged so that the channels I watch are only in the AEP (Mil, Sci, Ntgeo, Disc, Foxmo, TCM, Histi, Hist, MGM, Ndnmv, Retro, Indie, Starz (Spartacus), SHO (Tudors), HBO (Band of Brothers and soon Pacific)CNN). As you see I only watch 16 channels and I am unwilling to part with any of them and I want Mil, Foxmo, TCM and Histi in HD also, and while I'm at it I want my damn Voom channels back! Oh, yeah and Smithsonian too.

But...you actually miss my point...complaning about the non-price increase, price increase. Charlie said no programming price increase, technically correct, but actually double talk BS, I'm still getting it in the rear end by 10.8%.

Not really an option here, either Dish or Direct, nothing else, and everyone knows that Dish has the best DVR, but I still have the right to complain about a no increase, increase don"t I?

Write the FCC about your situation and your support for ala carte programming. Don't think you are getting much sympathy here though I can remember when Chuck had an advertising campaign bragging about their price increases being less that the raise of inflation. :rolleyes:

Write the FCC about your situation and your support for ala carte programming. Don't think you are getting much sympathy here though I can remember when Chuck had an advertising campaign bragging about their price increases being less that the raise of inflation. :rolleyes:

Oh help us all:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks, I was a bit bummed after the hockey game this afternoon, but your post game me that good laugh I needed to get out of that silver medal funk!

Bill Question

Based upon what I've read it seems I'm being overcharged on my bill, but I can't tell:

Feb 14 - Mar 13
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
America's Top 250 With Locals 62.99
Solo Receiver 7.00
$ 89.99

Should I be charged for both GoldHD and PlatinumHD?

My dish bill went down by $3 bucks with the new pricing sweet.

Attachments

• dish.JPG
    dish.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 172
Based upon what I've read it seems I'm being overcharged on my bill, but I can't tell:

Feb 14 - Mar 13
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
Solo Receiver 7.00

$ 89.99

No, you should not be charged for both GoldHD and PlatinumHD.

I would suggest contacting dish via the online chat and explaining to them that you are being double charged, that you know it should only be $10.00 for both of them combined. They should combine them as they have for many on these forums.

No, you should not be charged for both GoldHD and PlatinumHD.

I would suggest contacting dish via the online chat and explaining to them that you are being double charged, that you know it should only be $10.00 for both of them combined. They should combine them as they have for many on these forums.

People have been having trouble getting it done via chat. Best is to access your programming on-line and do as explained here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/204480-gold-hd-platinum-hd-20-a.html#post2122778

Just did it also.

But it only took bill down by $5 bucks

Attachments

• dish_2.bmp
    1 MB · Views: 180

Attachments

• attach.png
    attach.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 154
nope

Feb 14 - Mar 13
GoldHD 10.00
PlatinumHD 10.00
Solo Receiver 7.00
$ 89.99

No you should only be being charged for 1 of them they have been combined into 1 $10 charge.

What does one do when they can't access the Programming section on-line?
I used to be able to do this, but now I can't for whatever reason.

Anyone else seen this message when accessing their account online ?

It looks like you pay annually. You can't do it online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)