Pricing Update from Dish Network

Well the ORIGINAL leak had a 6 buck a month credit for 6 months max. Tonight GOOD source said again 6 month credit but no amount:(

In a phone conversation with a CSR last night I was advised of a $5 credit for 6 months for "someone in my position" (i.e., two 722 receivers). Since I am swapping one of my 722s for a 612... I will not qualify for this credit.

What if you get the credit then swap?

In a phone conversation with a CSR last night I was advised of a $5 credit for 6 months for "someone in my position" (i.e., two 722 receivers). Since I am swapping one of my 722s for a 612... I will not qualify for this credit.
What if you get the credit then swap?

Bob just ad TV to your FIOS service the MRDVR is only $19.99 per month Each HD box is $9.99 But pricing is guaranteed for 2 yrs and only a 1yr contract. And say goodbye to Dish

Bob just ad TV to your FIOS service the MRDVR is only $19.99 per month Each HD box is $9.99 But pricing is guaranteed for 2 yrs and only a 1yr contract. And say goodbye to Dish

OMG... He say the contract word!!!!! Haller will NEVER, yes I said NEVER, get involved with a contract. God knows how many times he's said it!

OMG... He say the contract word!!!!! Haller will NEVER, yes I said NEVER, get involved with a contract. God knows how many times he's said it!

Yep no contract:) When you are getting divorced the fewer strngs the better.

Heck I might meet a movie model who will fall head over heels in love with me:)

But I couldnt move in with her cause I got a contract:(

Just look where my current contract err marriage got me:(

now do you understand why I dont like contracts?

Geez, 5% is really hard to believe. :yikes

Of my 3 receivers, only one is connected to a phone line. It's the only one that is required. My guess is that when they are playing the 5% game it is due to their counting all valid receivers, not just valid receivers required to have a phone line connected or they get a charge.

Somehow you ended up getting out of the " 'til death do you part" contract. But I'm sure that you're paying a huge early termination fee. :D

Yep:rant:

Jen a overspender her dads words, he said you will never have a dime:(

Well I sold my moms inherited house, and used the proceeds to pay off our house. Owed roughly 89 grand 29 years left on mortage:( saving 900 buck a month mortage payment

Saved about $288,000 in principal and interest over life of loan. actually paid all but a little balance then zeroed it:)

Jen hates me cause I didnt respect her wishes:( She wanted to use the money to buy stuff, new vehicles vacation furniture remodeling.

ME I just wanted fiancial stability.

Well jen sued for divorce she wants 50% of house value some 50 grand. money I DONT HAVE, and cant borrow our credit was ruined, after CC disaster.... I am entitled to half her retirement but still would need 40 grand more or less.....

Now you know why I dont want any contracts

2 seperate lawyers tell me I am screwed:(

Well heres a new insider leak.

Es purpose was to simplify prices to minimize people complaing.

Phone line compliance is about 5%:( so nearly all already pay the 5 buck fee.

E gets too many calls about charges, so this way there will only be.

Programing cost

DVR fee

receiver fee

Very few have multiple DVRs. We are select subscribers.

E knows this will cost them subs but will try to give credits to make it less costly.

Elminating the DVR advantage plan is a mistake.

I don't know whether to believe the 5% thing either. This is 1 in 20 and I think compliance was more than that. I wonder what the compliance level would be now? lol. I figured there were one of two reasons why they would do away with $5 discount on people's bills. One, they wanted to make more money or two there were not enough people connecting them up to make it worthwhile to offer a discount. I still think that at least half the people complied if not about 80% because a lot of people are not going to want to pay $5 for each additional TV2 output on their account. If most were paying this fee already then they must think they will not lost many subscribers.

. . . people are not going to want to pay $5 for each additional TV2 output on their account. . .

I have been thinking about being charged on the TV2 thing, and it makes me mad and won't pay if it's not HD off my 722. As I have pointed out earlier, it's a hobbled picture that can be HD. Give me value and I'll be more than glad to ante up a few bucks. Charge me for crap, watch the door hit me in the ass on my way out.

I have a multi-step plan to cut back on my services that will do me no damage, but will hopefully make an actionable impression on D. We'll just have to see.

Exactly right. Make TV2 Output HD if they are going to charge $7 for the TV2 output. The $5 for TV2 out is an error on my part.

Exactly right. Make TV2 Output HD if they are going to charge $7 for the TV2 output. The $5 for TV2 out is an error on my part.

PLUS . . . I have my 722 in Single Mode and use TV2 as the out to my media room receiver that has its own RF channel that can be sent to the rest of the house. And will this be the RF TV2 and/or Line Out or Both? What if you are in Single Mode will that disable the "Shared View"? And what if someone found out the phone number that the receivers use to contact the Mothership, and FAXed one letter per page to the Mothership, " D O N ' T R A I S E O U R R A T E S ! " That much paper should upset the "greenies". Do they have any?!

Raising rates is one thing, something that is expected, even though I know of many companies that haven't given even a 1% raise to employees for 2 years. My bitch is dish trying to pretend that they are not raising anything. Dish is attempting to paint this as a zero sum game, and in some cases a saving. When the fact is, for many people it is a significant monthly increase.

It appears that dish is attempting to re-align their service offering, and as such can expect a negative short term impact. My guess is that they feel the long term impact is worth it as the greed of the cable companies has given them an opportunity to raise customer costs, and still be competitive. Unfortunately, while many of us felt we could dodge cable greed by adopting satellite television, we can see that it still found a way to bite us in the butt.

Again, the real issue for me is I feel like Dish is pissing on me and telling me it's only raining.

I've read through this thread and I think that for my situation my bill will not go up, but can someone confirm.

Right now I have the following on my bill:

Leased Receiver fee 7.00
Silver HD 10.00
Classic Silver 200 with DVR 57.99
Platinum HD 10.00
DVR Package Credit -3.00
Total 81.99

I have a 622 receiver with 2 TVs. The phoneline is plugged in to the receiver, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

I also have been getting the Cinemax for .01 It seems like I've been getting that for more than a year, but it hasn't shown up on my bill yet.

Do they just shut that off at the end of a year, or do I need to figure out when they start charging and downgrade?

I'm inclined to get rid of the HD platinum as I hardly ever watch it, but if they are somehow continuing to not charge on the Cinemax because of the platinum, then I'll let it go for a while longer.

Also, how do I figure out if I'm under contract. I don't see that anywhere in my online account info or on my paperless bill statement.

Silver HD?

I've read through this thread and I think that for my situation my bill will not go up, but can someone confirm.

Right now I have the following on my bill:

Leased Receiver fee 7.00
Silver HD 10.00
Classic Silver 200 with DVR 57.99
Platinum HD 10.00
DVR Package Credit -3.00
Total 81.99

I have a 622 receiver with 2 TVs. The phoneline is plugged in to the receiver, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore.

I also have been getting the Cinemax for .01 It seems like I've been getting that for more than a year, but it hasn't shown up on my bill yet.

Do they just shut that off at the end of a year, or do I need to figure out when they start charging and downgrade?

I'm inclined to get rid of the HD platinum as I hardly ever watch it, but if they are somehow continuing to not charge on the Cinemax because of the platinum, then I'll let it go for a while longer.

Also, how do I figure out if I'm under contract. I don't see that anywhere in my online account info or on my paperless bill statement.

What's Silver HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)