Pricing Update from Dish Network

My bill only went up $ 1.06 for this current billing period....
previous months it was $ 82.87 including taxes and this month I am now at $ 83.93
I have a single 722 DVR hooked up and on my account.:)

Since about 98 , DISH has has some kind of annual programming price increase. Last year they jacked the price of the dvr "advantage" packs by $8.00. And I use the word "advantage" loosely. Now they did offset the increase by offering subs who had their phone lines plugged in a $3.00 dvr credit all of last year. This year they had an equipment fee increase instead. This gives them an advantage over DIRECTV because they can claim no price hike. But if you have multiple dvrs on your account you pay out the ass now. Like $17.00 per additional duo tuner dvr.

But as long as channel companies like Disney( espn, ABC network), are pushing subs to pay $4.50 for just one espn channel per sub, you will keep seeing your programming price go up yearly . Unless Ala -carte is ever mandated by the FCC , this will keep going up till basic cable is $100.00 are more a month. And before you laugh at that idea, consider this: IN 1999 I paid $69.99 a month for AEP and no DVR fees on any receivers . It is now $30.00 more a month and that is after the $3.00 decrease DISH did this year to give the AEP subs a little relief on their bills , since they now pay the separate $6.00 dvr fee monthly.

Does anyone have any idea what the numbers in parenthesis are (15/0)?

When it used to be "DISH Home Protection Plan" I didn't have these on my bill but now I have them also.

When it showed up on my bill this month (in error) the parenthetical info was 15/25. I'm guessing the number on the left is the cost of a service call and the number on the right is the cost to cancel.

Since you aren't in your first month with the plan you could cancel for no charge.

I've waited until my payment for Feb to go through before deciding to comment.

I've got a single 722.

My old bill:
Classic Silver 200 With DVR 57.99
DVR Adjustment -3.00

New bill:
America's Top 200 With Locals 52.99
DVR Service 6.00

So, I basically have to suck up a $4 increase in 'equipment costs' on having a single DVR? That's bunk, and certainly no incentive to ever get an additional DVR, should I ever want/need it.

I've waited until my payment for Feb to go through before deciding to comment.

Well, I have not seen my Feb. 10th bill yet. I switched to FiOS last month and am thinking about getting a Roku box for MLB.TV this season. I could sell my 722 to pay for it. DISH is out to lunch, totally. :rant: They can't even print a paper bill correctly for me. :mad: Wish me luck on my 5th call/online session.

My old bill was $166.49
My new bill is $223.50 before discounts.

Quite a jump isnt it?

cough cough choke choke

Amazing that a multibillion-dollar corporation can come up with a brand-new pricing scheme that can cause these type of increases and think it is viable.

Scott, when this new price scheme was leaked, you were given an estimate of what it would cost you based on your equipment. Did the estimate come close?

Mitch

My old bill $158.xx
My new bill $224.xx
(maybe few dollars off, couldn't remember exactly. To depressed to look it again....)

Dish offed me $25 off on "Everything package" and $35 off for "Royalty Customer", total $60 off for total of 6 months.

I had to do something when the 6 months ends!!!!!

As of right now the only activity on my account is payment received ($107.98) and a new set of discounts for $17 for the next six months. So I am -$17 and any day now my new bill should be posted and I am not sure if the discounts that I have been getting will still be there. I think it's strange that the new discounts are posted but not the rest of my bill. To say the least . . . I'M SCARED. We'll see. If it's what I think might be the worst it can be, I'll be dumping a couple premiums that have gotten severely repetitive with 90% of their programming that can be seen on regular cable. So . . . holding my breath.

P.S.
Did DISH's Pricing Calculator even go online? Scott's link still goes 404. I would like to run my numbers on a newly supplied DISH calculation device. Or how do you do it now to get current pricing? The one that was around here for a while was $15-25 off for me.

Last edited:
My bill went up $20 with three Duo PVRs. And they charged me a $5.00 TV2 connection fee on top of the $17 fee per duo. Time to cancel.

Did DISH's Pricing Calculator even go online? Scott's link still goes 404. I would like to run my numbers on a newly supplied DISH calculation device. Or how do you do it now to get current pricing? The one that was around here for a while was $15-25 off for me.

Ours is still up at http://www.satelliteguys.us/calc.htm

I can't believe these folks will NOT budge at ALL. Best they would do is $22/mo for 6 months. If I wanted to move to all 612's, bend over and give them $315.

Sheesh.

I guess I need to downgrade my programming.

Yeah, they definitely won't budge.

I was offered the equivalent of $32 off. Not per month or per year. $32 off total!:mad:

Disgusting greed.

I canceled.

Directv is much less expensive for Premier customers with multiple HD DVRs.

Last edited:
I'm a 10 year customer and have always (except for a year right after I got laid off from IA) been an AEP customer, and am all HD.

They are really sticking it to the HIGH $ / LONG TIME customers here.

They don't seem to care.

Even the "loyalty" team.

I'm a 10 year customer and have always (except for a year right after I got laid off from IA) been an AEP customer, and am all HD.

They are really sticking it to the HIGH $ / LONG TIME customers here.

They don't seem to care.

Even the "loyalty" team.

I'm guessing quite a few high end E* subs will soon be subs of other providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)