Prime Focus Dual KU LNBF???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
Do they make a Dual output Prime Focus KU LNBF? I have been trying to find one, but not having much luck

Do you get noticeable performance difference between something like this and an cheap KU lnbf?

Yes, IF you are comparing between a prime focus lnb used on a prime focus dish, OR an offset lnb (built for an offset dish) used on a prime focus dish.

The offset lnbf has the feedhorn built in, and it's set for offset dishes much higher F/D, so there's a loss due to that. When using a prime focus dish (especially a mesh one) for KU reception, you need to peak it for every bit of gain you can possibly wring out of it. In my experience, a 10ft dish IF peaked perfectly, can at most ONLY equal the reception on ku of a good 1.2m offset ku dish.

In other words, if you can, it's almost always better to use a dedicated 1.2m KU dish for KU, and a prime focus dish for C-band.

Yea, i have an offset LNBF on my Cband 10' mesh. Trying to figure out what root to go.. Have you seen that device available in the US or canada?

The Gibertini is for offset dishes with an F/D of 0.6 and 0.7.

Do you get noticeable performance difference between something like this and an cheap KU lnbf?
I have an Invacom SNF-031 LNB on my 8.5' Birdview solid. KU performance is disappointing -- not much better than my smaller offset dish with a cheap KU LNBF. Its possible that there is something wrong with my Birdview setup. I'm considering replacing the Invacom with an Inverto LNB.

Reactions: primestar31
WHOOPS, I missed that, as I just focused on the C120 flange! Thanks for the correction!
The only reason I knew is because I looked it up on eBay about a week ago.

Also, I just saw your earlier post about 1.2m vs prime focus BUD for KU and we agree that there is no big advantage for a BUD on KU band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts