Status
Please reply by conversation.

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Received my Stab HH90 motor from raydio the other day. The dish I'm consider using it on currently has an SL2-PLL dual LNB. Is it possible to use this LNB with the motor such that both receivers (Edision OS MIO 4K and Amiko HD.265) can both move the motor independently of each other?

NO. One has to be the 'mover', and the other will be a slave to that. IE: it can only see the channels on whatever sat it's aimed at. Bonus though with the 2 output lnbf, it can see both H and V channels.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Wouldn't a single LNB also see both H&V polarities? Now I'm confused!

Sure, but only for the "master" receiver. The slave receiver could only see whatever polarity that the master is tuned to at the time, either H or V. A dual output lnb though, is like having TWO complete single lnbs up there, and each one is separately controlled by the receiver it's hooked to.

Sure, but only for the "master" receiver. The slave receiver could only see whatever polarity that the master is tuned to at the time, either H or V. A dual output lnb though, is like having TWO complete single lnbs up there, and each one is separately controlled by the receiver it's hooked to.

Gotcha. That was my expectation, just wasn't sure about the ability to control the motor from only one or both receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)