PrimeStar dish, how to measure it

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kelleyga

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
I got for free a PrimeStar, it is OVAL.

How do I measure it, vertically or horizontally? I need to know so I can use the information from lyngsat to see what I can get with it.

no numbers....

For yours, what would you use? 44 or 40?

You know, if you go to lyngsat and look at a satellite and click on the C or Ku it will show you the footprint, and to the left it will show you how big of a dish you need depending on the location to be able to get the signal.

So do I use the vertical or horizontal measure???

Lyngsat is an approximate measurement. I've seen on there it says I can use from a 48cm to a 70cm...yeah right

I have a 40x30 and it works a little better than a 36"

Ice, you use it for Ku right?

What lnbf do you recommend if I want to get NSS 806 @ 40.5 R/L?

i would have to look at it tomorrow but i think its identified as a channelmaster 1 meter dish
i have two of those and three of the 40X30 dishes.

well, I was looking at lyngsat footprint for Costa Rica and it might work, not?

probably not

again, lyngsat is just shooting in the dark when you get to this side of the world. Here is an example

according to the footprint for G16 (99W)
Galaxy 16 at 99.0°W - LyngSat Maps

in Minnesota it says I can use between a 55cm and a 95cm for C-Band? yeah right,....I tried my P* once and got World Harvest at minimal reception (30 on the Pansat)

for C-Band you need 6 foot for reliable...maybe 1.2m for tinkering

You question - which do you use, height or width and the answer is both. A (H x W) 43 X40 is a 1 Meter dish. The 52 X 48 is 1.2 Meter. If it measures 26.5 X 30 it is a 75cm dish, and the 30 X 40 is called 85cm. These size are approximate +/- .5 " and the "size" is "effective" size. Thoise are the only ones I have here to measure... Others may be able to add other sizes.
POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts