Status
Please reply by conversation.

McGuyver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Nuclear Testing Grounds
Hi Guys,
I just got a large 39x32" eliptical P* dish with the feed arm and lnbf and I'd like to mount a 40mm throat std linear LNBF in place. I've been searching for hours for pix & threads but no luck, I'd like to get ideas of innovative ways to replace the original LNBF using the original arm, has anybody done this?

I did see the pix of tubular rails used to add more LNB's but that's not what I'm looking for.

And if I do use the P* LNBF, what switch do I use to combine the V & H polarities to one cable?

I'm using a Fortec Classic NA Rx. Thanx for any help :)

Okay. To use the stock LNB, you need a 3X4 Multiswitch. Hook the H and V outputs to the H and V inputs on the multiswitch. The hook your receiver to the outputs on the multiswitch. The receiver will change the polarities for you in concert with the multiswitch.

Now, to add an aftermarket LNB to the stock arm, you have two options. You can cut the plastic housing off of a LNB, under that pretty plastic is the same 20mm neck you need for the P* arm. Then make yourself a clamp from a conduit clamp or something like that, bolt it up, there ya go.

What I did was to drill a hole in the middle of my P* mounting boss, screw a hose clamp to that, put my QPH-031 Invacom in there, tightened up the clamp, and watched TV. Yeah the throat doesn't fit the 20mm mounting slot in the arm, but I am not cutting the plastic off of a 60.00 LNB either. Anyway my P* doesn't care, it works like a charm.

I am sure someone will come along with more ideas, but what I've shared is what I have learned and done since I started in February. :D

Multiswitch ???

Okay. To use the stock LNB, you need a 3X4 Multiswitch. Hook the H and V outputs to the H and V inputs on the multiswitch. The hook your receiver to the outputs on the multiswitch. The receiver will change the polarities for you in concert with the multiswitch. :D

Thanks, that helps quite a bit but I'm not familiar with a 3x4 multiswitch, is it a DisEqc or a 22KHz switch? Can you provide more details please?

Thanx again

a multiswitch takes the V & H polarities that are separate on the stock P* LNB and combines them to allow 4 receivers output.

The stock P* LNB has 2 outputs but one only outputs V and one only outputs H polarity. The multiswitch combines them
S-SM24-MULTI-SWITCH.jpg

Have you considered using the Invacom QPF-031? You will be able to receive both linear and circular signals and it marries up perfectly with the stock Primestar feedhorn. Not only that, it works great!

Attachments

• QPF-031.jpg
    QPF-031.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 225
  • QPF-031 #2.jpg
    QPF-031 #2.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Another Possibilty

Have you considered using the Invacom QPF-031? You will be able to receive both linear and circular signals and it marries up perfectly with the stock Primestar feedhorn. Not only that, it works great!

Thank you too, I learned even more today but I'm not planning on motorizing it, at least not now but I'll store this info for future. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)