primestar recognition

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'll have a Primestar, with side order of BUDs !

Whoa! Sorry for your loss (I'd have grabbed the first dish, and made for the border!)
But congrats on the full-size 84e!
I think those elliptical dishes come in way too many sizes, but that's about the largest.

Kind of why I started the thread:
when you least expect it, there it is !

And HOW many BUDs to go with 'em?
You MUST post some pix of the proposed BUDs in the Adventures in Dish Hunting 2009 thread!

they had 3 BUDs out front. looked like a 6 footer, and then 2 much larger ones. only issue is that the larger ones are up on poles.. HIGH UP.

I also saw a big bud farm on my way.. amazing what you find when you open your eyes.. I didn't want to rubber-neck too badly and crash, but looked like about 8 to 10 SOLID buds pointing all over the sky. not sure if it's like a "station" for local cable or what.. but you'd think they'd be pointing mainly at 105W for HITS. I have GOT to find a place to pull over for some pics of that.. also found a HUGE dish south of town.. and I mean HUGE..30 feet huge (give or take) no clue what that one's about, nor to whom it belongs..

wonder if my boss would notice if I took _another_ lunch break ;-)

nah.. time to waste the afternoon reading up on that thing.. can I use that LNBF, do I have to switch it out, will I have to build a mount to do so.. so much to read, so little time

welp.. ran past at lunch.. my note is gone.. but so is that dish.. sigh.. that one's a no go.

BUT Wait! There's MORE! call now in the next 5 minutes...
On my way back, took a different route.. there's a business on the far west side of the town.. 3 big c-band mesh dishes outside.
so, I stopped in to ask. Dude I spoke with said that they used to sell c-band equipment and programming.. but now are exclusively D*. so I said "uh.. whatcha gonna do with those c-band dishes?"
"we're gonna take them down when it warms up.. you want em?"
gave him my name & number.
SCORE!
so then we start chatting about what I'm doing and what I'm looking for... FTA and all that.
so.. WHAT do you think the guy gave me?
go on.. guess..

DING DING DING.. Johnny, tell us what our contestants have won!
That's AWESOME! Sounds like a great score!:D:up

I'd really love to go home now and at least poke at that dish.. as it is now, I can look out my office window and see it in the bed of my truck.. just taunting me.. teasing me.
but I can't leave for another 3 hours ;-(

yep.. but this one cost me.. I had class from 5 to 6:15.. didn't pay attention at all.. poked around this site, reading up on those dishes & lnbs.
hardly listened to anyone in the class..
AND I'M THE TEACHER! is that bad? :D

anyway.. off to read more 'bout them (the dishes, not the students)

I also saw a big bud farm on my way.. amazing what you find when you open your eyes.. I didn't want to rubber-neck too badly and crash, but looked like about 8 to 10 SOLID buds pointing all over the sky. not sure if it's like a "station" for local cable or what..

Sounds like a CATV headend, where the cable company gathers the various channels from space and then sends them out to the customers. There's one very much like you describe on I-10 coming into Baton Rouge, I'll try to get pics next time I pass through there.

Sorry about the 1M loss, but congrats on scoring an 84E and the BUDs!

These are 84e's

They are 40x30...these pictures gotta be old...there is no snow on the ground :D

Where did you find the 2 3/8" OD mounting brackets for the Primestars shown in the picture?

Where did you find the 2 3/8" OD mounting brackets for the Primestars shown in the picture?

I had the masts ...one was from a old DirectPC dish that was undersized (32x18) and the dish broke. The other I got from a member here (I forget who it was...it was one of 3 people off the top of my head but I dont want to make the mistake) ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts