Primestar salvage

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here’s a picture of the bracket and 3 shots put together of his southern sky his girl friend sent me this morning. I had to laugh because he told me he had a decent view of the southern sky, it’s going to be fun trying to find a signal in all that mess. :eek:

Attachments

• !cid__Photo-0031.jpg
    !cid__Photo-0031.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 151
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 176
With a LOS like that, I think the 18" dish I have might get him the same signals. I still think you need to let me come up and pick it up. It will save you guy the headaches!!

Possibly you will get enough signal with that dish, It is a hot one!

Fire season has begun and it is already HOTTER than all of last year. Be careful!
POP

With a LOS like that, I think the 18" dish I have might get him the same signals. I still think you need to let me come up and pick it up. It will save you guy the headaches!!

Possibly you will get enough signal with that dish, It is a hot one!

Fire season has begun and it is already HOTTER than all of last year. Be careful!
POP

With all the high winds you get down your way the dish would probably keep blowing down. I wouldn’t want to burden you with that problem; ;)if his LOS doesn’t pan out I think the dish would be much safer on my property. :D

I am willing to fight the wind.... Did you ever check the Mold Number? If that is a 1.2M i want to take some measurements.... Mine is missing the LNBF arms. I know a kit is available for about $38 plus shipping but my budget is red.
I have a 1M up with no wind problems yet! I am sure I could handle the wind on a 1.2M also.
POP

Pop:

If that is a 1.2M i want to take some measurements.... Mine is missing the LNBF arms.
I know a kit is available for about $38 plus shipping but my budget is red.
One of our creative members, Dee Ann, had a similar dish with a broken/missing -side- strut
She cleverly took aluminum tubing from a broken deck chair and bent it to match her good side strut, and restored her Channel Master to tip-top shape!
So, if you think you can get close to a Channel Master in your size, take along proper tubing and bending tools, and you can make short work of it! - :up

I am willing to fight the wind.... Did you ever check the Mold Number? If that is a 1.2M i want to take some measurements.... Mine is missing the LNBF arms. I know a kit is available for about $38 plus shipping but my budget is red.
I have a 1M up with no wind problems yet! I am sure I could handle the wind on a 1.2M also.
POP

I know you wouldn't have any problem with the wind, I was just funning with you. I haven't had a chance to see the dish, I'm supposed to meet him sometime next week to survey the area with a compass. He lives 45 miles one way from me so it's a little drive, on a side note my wood guy brought me a load of wood today and somehow we started talking about satellites and I mentioned the word primestar and he said he had a big primestar he was going to make a duck pond out of. :eek: I said if you do that I know a whole lot of sat junkies who will be knocking on your door. ;)

I told him I would take the dish and then he said he thought he had another smaller primestar dish I could have also, so if the LOS issue doesn't work out and I score that dish and my wood guy comes through I will be loaded with primestar dishes. :D I can't promise anything at this point but if I do get these bigger dishes and you were serious about driving up here I might just part with one for free. hopefully this will work out.

beware:

. . . my wood guy . . . said he had a big primestar he was going to make a duck pond out of. :eek:
I said if you do that I know a whole lot of sat junkies who will be knocking on your door. ;)
Duck pond, you say?
Remind him how how they used to check for witches...
...tie 'em up and throw 'em in the POND.
If they float they're a witch; if they sink 'n drown, well . . . sorry 'bout that.

Tell him that's what comes to mind when someone uses the word pond in the same sentence with satellite dish...
...and we have members everywhere! - :up - :eek: - :rolleyes:

Duck pond? Wood Guy? Does he know there are cougars in the woods? (besides those graduates who say, "Do you want fries with that?")

There are better duck ponds -- Or was he talking about the Oregon Ducks, and checking for witches among them?

Enough politics. Back to the salvage expedition!

Give me GPS coordiants and I will be on my way!
POP

I just got back from my friends property boy talk about remote but beautiful area; he doesn’t have any power up there and runs everything off solar panels and batteries. I shot his property with a compass and think I will be able to pull 83 w off but it will be really tight. I can get clear LOS for 4 other sats but not from one central location, a motor is out of the question for him. I asked him about swapping for one of my smaller dishes but he wants to use this one for now, he has hand carved an 8-foot dish mount from a perfectly straight tamarack pole; it fits the dish mount perfect.

I didn’t have my camera with me this time but when I go up to do the install I will take pics, on another side note when I was driving up there about 30 miles out of town I saw another 1.2 m primestar and a 10ft c band dish on a vacant property. My wood guy who has the other primestar lives out that way so I will see if he can find out anything on the property owners and maybe I can score those dishes. There’s still hope yet rv1pop. :)

Duck pond, you say?
Remind him how how they used to check for witches...
...tie 'em up and throw 'em in the POND.
If they float they're a witch; if they sink 'n drown, well . . . sorry 'bout that.

Tell him that's what comes to mind when someone uses the word pond in the same sentence with satellite dish...
...and we have members everywhere! - :up - :eek: - :rolleyes:

LOL, I will have to print this out so he can read it. :):up

Had a surprise yesterday afternoon, the guy I'm going to setup the primestar for when he's ready stopped by and said I have something for you outside. I go outside and he has another 4ft primestar sitting there and says it yours, :) he got this one from a guy not to far from where he lives. The only thing missing on this one is a screw for the lower arm on the back of the dish, easy fix. Hopefully the other guy will come through for me with the other primestar.

Attachments

• DSCF2384.JPG
    DSCF2384.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 111
. . . he has another 4ft primestar sitting there and says it yours, :)
Well, score one for you ! - :up

Looking at that picture, I think I see two connectors on the back end of your LNB.
If it's really old, they may be marked: H, V.
If so, you might need a 2x4 multiswitch to hook 'em up.
Been discussed many times on the forum, so I won't repeat.

Looks great! - :cool:

NO, NO, NO! That one is for me! I'll be right up .... oops I can not come up for a few weeks! OK, You enjoy this one. Tremendous Blessing!
Cograts, POP.

Don't worry rv1pop I'm still working on 1 or 2 more , if things work out maybe in a few weeks I will have found you one. :up :) I will take pics of the install I'm going to do on top of that mountain and post them, it should be interesting.

rv1pop, the wood guy brought me the 1.2 m primestar dish today; it's missing the mounting bracket on the back. If you still want it, your more than welcome to it. The wood guy is going to try and find the bracket for it, if not I'm sure there is a solution for mounting it. Let me know if you still want it and I will pm you my address. If not I will figure out away to get this dish up and running again. :)

Attachments

• DSCF2404.JPG
    DSCF2404.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCF2406.JPG
    DSCF2406.JPG
    292 KB · Views: 114
Been discussed many times, and many years ago, here on the forum...
How to strip off ALL the back bracket, and build your own lighter hardware, so as to be able to swing the dish on an SG2100 motor.
I think it'll overload the motor, but don't tell the authors of the many threads! :)
BUT, the point is, there are a good dozen creative methods to make your own back-side bracketry! - :up

rv1pop, the wood guy brought me the 1.2 m primestar dish today; it's missing the mounting bracket on the back. If you still want it, your more than welcome to it. The wood guy is going to try and find the bracket for it, if not I'm sure there is a solution for mounting it. Let me know if you still want it and I will pm you my address. If not I will figure out away to get this dish up and running again. :)
I sure do want it and thanks... I will be busy this weekend with our oldest daughter. Watching for the PM.

POP

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Telemundo on 79 W

Geosatpro DSR-200c question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)