Geosatpro DSR-200c question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Panavision

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
When I do a blind scan, the receiver skips 11700 MHz through 11750 MHz. I have a universal LNBF. I've tried both Universal 1 & Universal 2 for my LO. And I have the latest OTA upgrade. I think that's all... Besides my little problem, this receiver is awesome!

When I do a blind scan, the receiver skips 11700 MHz through 11750 MHz. I have a universal LNBF. I've tried both Universal 1 & Universal 2 for my LO. And I have the latest OTA upgrade. I think that's all... Besides my little problem, this receiver is awesome!

The receiver is programmed to default Blind Scan for a Standard type LNBF (IF Frequency range 950 - 1450). To Blind Scan with an Universal type LNBF (with the increased frequency range), change the IF End Frequency to 2150.

Hey AV,

I did set the blind scan end freq to 2150 and the problem persists.

Thank you for the notice! We had not noted this problem in previous testing. We will perform a bench test with Universal settings and determine how the issue can be corrected.

Was this noted in the Glorystar mode or the Advanced Hobbyist mode?

BTW..... Universal 1 setting is correct for LNBFs with LO 9750/10600.

Last edited:
Thanks for looking into this! This happens in the Advanced mode. I'll try a reset and see if it still has the problem in Glorystar mode. The specifics:

-Invacom SNH-031 LNBF single output (9750 / 10600)

-22kHz is off

-I am using a switch inline and the Ku-lnbf is on port 2 through a BSC-621-2. I am not using the Ku-lnbf that's part of the BSC-621-2.

I can answer any other questions you may have.

Thanks!

Panavision
Although right now I dont have an answer for ya (I'll have to try and duplicate what you're talking about) I'll admit satav rocks when it comes to fixing bugs on the Geosat pro. I had issues with the receiver freezing when you did too many blind scans and Brian worked with me figuring out the issue and they got it fixed with a software upgrade...no receiver freezes anymore :)

I think I may have a solution. More info about what's happening:

The blind scan skips over the frequencies 11200 MHz through 11750 MHz. I read that my universal lnbf's LO for low frequencies is 9750 for 10700 MHz to 11700 MHz. I don't care about this range of frequencies. Therefore, I set my LNB LO on the receiver to 10600 and turn 22kHz ON. I blind scan 1100-1600. Now, my blind scan starts with 11700 MHz and ends with 12200 MHz without skipping anything. Perfect! Now the final question is... why did I buy a universal lnb?

Panavision said:
Now, my blind scan starts with 11700 MHz and ends with 12200 MHz without skipping anything. Perfect! Now the final question is... why did I buy a universal lnb?

Great work around! We will release a firmware fix to address the missed frequencies in the Blind Scan mode with an Universal LNBF.

Universal LNBFs can receive a few channels in the international low band frequencies, but for the majority of us on the North American satellites, the Universal LNBF only adds scan time without any opportunity of additional channels.

Personally, I only use Standard type LNBFs as I live on the west coast and have very few opportunities to use low band and love fast Blind Scans!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)