Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
I got the following as a Private Message:
jackpeas said:
Hi I am jack trying to get my system going.I ned some help please.My viewsat xtrme not working like it should. And I am having problem with my primestar 30x40 on a stab 120 hh motor.I am not on the arc.My southmost sat is amc3@87degree. please help me
So, I tried to reply:
Anole said:
I'm flattered that you'd PM me on this matter.
However, you are far better off asking on the forum, where you will get a broader selection of answers and feedback.
Often, one guy will explain it better than the next, but hearing from them all will paint a more complete picture.

I see from some of your previous posts, that you've been at this a while and put up a varied collection of equipment.
Indeed, what you are working with now, sounds quite ambitious!

This recent thread on aligning a motor, might be of some help.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...u-fine-tune-far-east-far-west-satellites.html
I'm thinking specifically of the 2'nd post - read that PDF.
If not, please make a public post, with all the relevant facts, and the nice guys on the forum will try to help you.

Oh, and another thing, as late as maybe February 2007, some of the Viewsats didn't do motors so well.
They were notorious for just not running 'em at all!
I think newer firmware might have gotten that fixed.
But I don't know which (or all) of their receivers were affected.
I've avoided Viewsats, so my knowledge of them is limited.
But if you know the question, you can now ask for the answer.
But since he has blocked the reception of private messages...
... what's a lizard to do? :D

well Jack frequents here , i also have his e-mail address but you are correct in posting this link with the picture from Jerry that will probably fix 90% arc problems with the other 10% being off plumb :)

I have been contacted by Jack in the past and have seen pictures of his dish farm , one thing I do know is he has several very tall posts ( more like flagpoles they're that high ) where some of his dishes are mounted and I suspect that they may not be plumb.

I don't know if his current project involves one of these tall poles , but if it does it sound like a difficult task.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)