Primetime 24: NBC inop

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stephan Wilkinson

Original poster
Apr 16, 2006
This is my first post, and it's hard to tell if I'm on a big-dish or little-dish forum, but my problem involves a 10-foot combined C and Ku band dish, Motorola 922 analog/digital receiver.

When the networks recently discontinued their analog signals on W3 and moved to the co-located Ku band satellite--can't remember the identifier--I bought a new Primetime 24 annual subscription from National Programming Service, the new provider.

CBS and ABC come in just fine on channels 500 and 501, signal strength for both is 100, quality 65, picture excellent. But when I go to channel 502--NBC--the receiver skips right over it as though there's absolutely no signal there and goes to a 900-something channel.

NPS is no help at all. "We no longer have a technical department," the order-taker says.

Is this problem mine--i.e. my equipment (which works perfectly for every other channel both C and Ku band)? Is it NBC's? Or is it NPS's? Opinions, please.

Stephan

Thank you! That at least begins to solve my problem, since now my receiver at least recognizes that NBC is at G9/X9 502, though I havenb't yet been able to tune it in.

I'd assumed that since CBS and ABC were at 500 and 501 on W3/K3, NBC was at 502 on the same satellite. My mistake.

Stephan

First off :welcome .
NPS orginally was going to uplink NBC on 502, but due to the low SR and the fact the DSR 920's cannot read it, NPS decided against it and moved to there current location with NBC. The "900 something" channel is actually ch.957 which is C Band Talk, go here to check it out: http://207.233.44.253/pretzer/site/

Nbc

Stephan Wilkinson said:
Thank you! That at least begins to solve my problem, since now my receiver at least recognizes that NBC is at G9/X9 502, though I havenb't yet been able to tune it in.

I'd assumed that since CBS and ABC were at 500 and 501 on W3/K3, NBC was at 502 on the same satellite. My mistake.

Stephan

You've probably found by now that you have to get a "hit" - I did.

Marse

Status
Please reply by conversation.