Primetime recording ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
even though my dvr defaults are set to 0 start early & 0 to end late, when I check the timers on my HWS, it still shows primetime recording as 8:00 to 11:01

why is that?

I guess Dish figures that the extra minutes won't matter that much, since those recordings will be deleted after eight days (or whatever number of days you set it for) if you don't save them, so the extra minutes do not take up much hard drive space. Also, it helps make sure that you catch the end of the program if it runs over by a minute. The only time the extra minutes for PTAT become a PITA is when it causes you to max out all three tuners on the older Hoppers, so you can't record or watch anything else live in that time-slot until after PTAT ends.

I no longer use prime time anytime for recording the networks. I set up timers for each show and I have 1 minute early and end 2 minutes later. I even set up each timer by network and my folders are set up to receive the shows are set up by network. So I have the same thing as Primetime ,except no shows recorded I don't want and I no longer miss the endings of my shows. Primetime Anytime should cut the shows up similar to what I have and they would no longer miss the endings.

diisk space isn't a concern, but there are a couple of nights where I have 2 other recordings & for some reason it pushes one of them to the 2nd HWS & I can't understand why. Also, when recording college basketball games, the default is 60 minutes longer. Is there a way to change that to 15 minutes for each recording, instead of having to remember to change the ending time everytime I record a game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)