Printing multiple images to PDF from iPhoto

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
Ok, here is the situation. I have several thousand pages of documents (all stored as jpg's) from my research at the library of Congress. They are stored in iPhoto, where I can easily do basic photo enhancements. I have groups of documents I want to put into PDFs (anywhere from 3 to 30 images). I can select multiple files easily. I can click print, and it will start the print process - but the PDF option which is everywhere on the Mac does not exist in either iPhoto or Aperture. Nor, like in a PC, is there an Adobe Acrobat PDF Print driver to choose from. Right now I am stuck selecting the files, and dragging them to an empty folder on the desktop. Multiple-select, and then right click Open with Preview. From there I can select print and use the PDF settings to create a PDF of several pages. This works, but it is annoying, and seems to involve more steps then it logically should.

I am told I can use automator for this, but that program is like greek to me, and I have not figured out how to accomplish that task. Anyone in the OSX world have any suggestions? Is there something really simple I am missing? I spent a couple hours on it today and only got frustrated. And even a google search produced nothing.

NEVER MIND. DOH! I realized that on the print screen where it lists the default printer, if you select print in iPhoto, it brings up the actual print dialog and the PDF option is there. Dang it. I spent 2-3 hours messing with this stuff. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts