Pro Baseball

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redhawk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 1, 2004
My neighbor (an older, retired gent) wandered over yesterday and asked me how I liked satellite TV (and why do you have four dishes :) ). The local cable company has apparently dropped Astro games - unsure of current company name or channel - and he likes to watch their games. (This rural cable company used to charge about $60 for 20 channels, ergo I went 3 years with locals on antenna only when I moved into this area) Not being a baseball fan, I couldn't be much help - and the dish network site wasn't either.

My question(s) are:

1) Are pretty much all MLB games available with the baseball package?
2) Are games subject to black outs? (we're about 100 mi. from houston)

I'd like to get this info for him, so if there are any other Astro's fans out there, thanks in advance.

blackouts do apply. there have been a couple of threads here about the rules of the black outs. do a search for blackouts or mlb and they should come up.

Try this site for Dish Network: http://dish.fxep.com/

Enter your zip code and search for the Astros logo. The Astros are on FSN Houston which on Dish is an Alternate Channel (445-451). If your zip code produces the Astros logo in a green box, then you can watch the Astros as part of any package from AT60+ and higher. If it is not in green, then you would need to buy MLB Extra Innings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)