Problem: 622 upgrade w/dish1000 - no 110 signal!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fredinva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Okay, I'm an installer and have a unique situation/problem.
I upgraded a system yesterday: installed a new VIP622 and a dish 1000.
The customer had a 510 and a legacy 3800. I replaced the 510 with a new 622.
When I first arrived I questioned the customer "who put this post here, that tree may be a slight problem". I find out the 500 dish has been there 6 yrs and the tree was planted a few years back. Anyway, I did not check his 510 signal strength prior to the 622 install.
I peak/meter the new dish 1000 on 119 tr 11, as usual, and ck the scale on the 622. I've got 106 signal on 119 and 82 on 129. WTH, no signal on 110!!!
I have double checked and tweeked dish several times, with no improvement.

To make a long story shorter. We installed a new post (PLUMB) out further in yard, since tree is or would soon be a problem. I powered off 3800 to accept a s/w download. It (screen) now says it is a 3900 upgraded. I replaced all cable ends and both diplexers and still no 110 signal. I have never had a 110 problem like this. I am taking store 311 receiver over there this afternoon. And I may bring 622 back to store to check it on our dish 1000. The only thing I haven't swapped out is the seperator and the 622.
Any other installers and/or knowledgeable people have any further suggestion????

fred

I dont know Fred, that was your 111th post so things may continue to erode on that job.:rolleyes:

Maybe a line break/short somewhere or LNB shot, he may not have had 110 before you arrived.

Well, since we moved the dish to a new post, nothing could possibly be in the way NOW! Oh yeah, first swap was the DDPlus lnbf.
I am cornfused!! Maybe this afternoon will be better.
Fortunately, I'm retired and I really don't need this part-time headache JOBl I'd much rather play golf 5 or 6 times a week vs 3 times.
But I do have pride in my work.

fred

Last edited:
BUMP:

Well, yesterday I slapped a new Dish 1000 on this post. Metered it okay.

VOILA !! Good signals on all three birds - go figure!!!

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)