Problem after firmware update!

i have the radio shack usb-a to serial cable adapter with a db-9 connector. i can connect any pins with female to female connectors. i can't find if it is a pl2303 though. fortunately my updates are working properly though. charlie

Just for everyone's info....Got the 3.3 volt version today of the TLL cable. Did not work (serial port test failed), so I'm waiting for the proper 5V version later this week.

Please note that the 3.3v TTL cable does not work. It MUST be the 5v / 4 pin version as described in the guide.

GEOSATpro microHD 08/24/2012
Firmware Update via Internal TTL Serial connection
Requirements:

• PC (XP, Windows 7, etc.) with an open USB port
  • ALI Editor software for GEOSATpro microHD
  • USB to TTL 4 pin, VCC +5, Conversion Cable

Please note that the 3.3v TTL cable does not work. It MUST be the 5v / 4 pin version as described in the guide.
let me run this by you while it's on my mind. I have a four cable TTL dongle coming but I don't recall if it's 3.3V or 5V or if I even knew there was a difference when I ordered it a week ago. When it comes, can I test it by plugging it in the USB port of my PC and measuring the voltage on the voltage pin and if it's 5VDC, it's fine?

How about checking with the vendor you purchased it from? If it's not the right one, you may be able to return/exchange it, and, could get the right one sent out right away. Might save a little time and money.

Before I read the last post, I ordered the one that ke4est mentioned at post #8, I hope that this one is the right type needed, there was no mentioned of any voltage values in the ad.

I know I am worried now...I followed the original link that Brian had post, but it said this one was sold. Sooo I clicked the thing that said view similar items. I did note when eBay did that it took me to 3wire and 4 wire ones. I made sure to get a 4-wire set-up, but didn't even look to see that it was 5-volt:doh:. They apparently ship faster than he says, according to them it said I will get by September 27th. However, according to tracking I should have it by Friday, so I will check and report as soon as I get it.

Before I read the last post, I ordered the one that ke4est mentioned at post #8, I hope that this one is the right type needed, there was no mentioned of any voltage values in the ad.
I contacted that seller and asked about the VCC spec. He didn't know. However I don't see anything about that item that confirms it is wrong either. So we all have high hopes :) ke4est will be able to tell us for sure in a few days I hope.

And I ordered the one primestar31 suggested, and it looks as if it should work since it's a dual version... anyway, I will find out in a day or two.

I know I am worried now...I followed the original link that Brian had post, but it said this one was sold. Sooo I clicked the thing that said view similar items. I did note when eBay did that it took me to 3wire and 4 wire ones. I made sure to get a 4-wire set-up, but didn't even look to see that it was 5-volt:doh:. They apparently ship faster than he says, according to them it said I will get by September 27th. However, according to tracking I should have it by Friday, so I will check and report as soon as I get it.

Good News!! This is the correct cable and putting out 5 volts. :happydance:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)