Problem fixed after two years or however long hoppers existed

keckge

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Illinois
So for two years 12 tech visits 7 hoppers later problem is finally figured out and they will be out tomorrow to fix it. And all of it was something called a TAP once removed my picture with no sound during PTAT from a different hopper disappeared. This was very irritating. Now my hoppers work like the we're supposed to. Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
You mean your Hoppers work like they were intended to? :)
Glad it is finally resolved.

So for two years 12 tech visits 7 hoppers later problem is finally figured out and they will be out tomorrow to fix it. And all of it was something called a TAP once removed my picture with no sound during PTAT from a different hopper disappeared. This was very irritating. Now my hoppers work like the we're supposed to. Sent from my iPad 4 using SatelliteGuys

Could you expand a bit on this? I've been having audio dropouts during PTAT on my HWS as well.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Could you expand a bit on this? I've been having audio dropouts during PTAT on my HWS as well.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Yes, please do. For me I've been hearing about audio dropouts but rarely experience them. It is not consistent or repeatable. Happened last night from my HWS when trying to watch a recording from my regular Hopper. A reboot solves this...until the next time it happens.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ok that was not the issue hopper in my living room still will not play sound and it's a brand new hopper with sling replaced so I'm thinking it has to be the cabling I switched the ports on the dou node that didn't fix the problem replaced every thing a million times 8 hoppers 5 nodes 6 switches only thing left is cable.

Tech coming out for the umpteenth time Saturday with yet another hws. Still having issues with video/audio disappearing while watching a recording from remote hws. Happens on both boxes. Watch in the bedroom a program recorded on FR hws lose video/audio for ten seconds; watch on FR a program recorded on BR hws video/audio drops out at various times.

Anyone that is having Hoppers replaced that often has something else wrong with their system. These are pretty stable receivers and should not be going out that often.

Well the last rep blamed my tv, 2012 LG 55" smart tv. Never mind that the issues happen on both boxes. I've asked not to get replacement boxes as I know that isn't the issue but tech support and even advanced tech support insists.

Ok guys it only happens to the living room hopper so would you say it has to be the cable? Could a kink or something do this? I mean I have done everything else possible even just swapping ports on a working node brand new new not rebuilt hopper with sling same problem so has to be cable right? Although it is rg6 3ghz swept. So no choice pull new cable?

Does frequency loss or moca loss or whatever matter when when your watching a Dvr event? Or starting one that you would have no sound?

Yes, please do. For me I've been hearing about audio dropouts but rarely experience them. It is not consistent or repeatable. Happened last night from my HWS when trying to watch a recording from my regular Hopper. A reboot solves this...until the next time it happens.

Yeah, I had this on and off for several months. The reboots every day or two got old. One night I pitched a fit, rummaged through my 'supply' closet, found an old toslink cable and installed it between my HWS and my Yamaha receiver. Problem solved. Apparently, the Hopper audio circuit doesn't play well with some AVRs when connected with an HDMI cable.

Yeah, I had this on and off for several months. The reboots every day or two got old. One night I pitched a fit, rummaged through my 'supply' closet, found an old toslink cable and installed it between my HWS and my Yamaha receiver. Problem solved. Apparently, the Hopper audio circuit doesn't play well with some AVRs when connected with an HDMI cable.
I have seen this issues with hoppers and hdmi cables with certian models of tvs.
Pulled my hair out one day installing a upgrade to a hopper system
after 2 hopper with slings and multiple dish branded hdmi cables and trying every hdmi port on the customers tv(it was some weird Indian brand tv) I could not get video to pump through it, went and got a higher end hdmi cable out of my smart home box and viola it worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts