Problem getting Hopper with Sling to pair with iPad for Dish Transfer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whatznszn

Original poster
Nov 3, 2013
Amarillo, TX
TV is on, Hopper is on, I open Dish Transfer app on iPad and I get a message that the receiver has been found. I select the receiver to pair and then I get the message that the Hopper has not been found. No pairing code on the tv screen, just a message.
I have gone through all the motions of resetting Hopper, making sure iPad and Hopper were on same Broadband connection, uninstalling and reinstalling Dish Transfer, talking with Broadband experts at Dish with no satisfaction. Problem still exists. Last thig they said was that a software update was due last Monday but i have tried all week with the same result.

TV is on, Hopper is on, I open Dish Transfer app on iPad and I get a message that the receiver has been found. I select the receiver to pair and then I get the message that the Hopper has not been found. No pairing code on the tv screen, just a message.
I have gone through all the motions of resetting Hopper, making sure iPad and Hopper were on same Broadband connection, uninstalling and reinstalling Dish Transfer, talking with Broadband experts at Dish with no satisfaction. Problem still exists. Last thig they said was that a software update was due last Monday but i have tried all week with the same result.

Download dish explorer app and try pairing that. If it works, then try transfers pairing again.

Download dish explorer app and try pairing that. If it works, then try transfers pairing again.

I should have added that I also have Uninstalled and reinstalled Dish Explorer with the same result as Dish Transfer. iPad finds Hopper but Hopper doesn't respond back to iPad.

The tech people pretty well said "It should work." Well yes it SHOULD work. I'm connected wirelessly to the network. Haven't tried with ehternet cable but i do know, if I connect ethernet cable to Hopper it knocks out my wireless connectivity to my computer. Also if I plug phone line in to Hopper it knocks out home phone so Caller ID is also useless.

I should have added that I also have Uninstalled and reinstalled Dish Explorer with the same result as Dish Transfer. iPad finds Hopper but Hopper doesn't respond back to iPad.

The tech people pretty well said "It should work." Well yes it SHOULD work. I'm connected wirelessly to the network. Haven't tried with ehternet cable but i do know, if I connect ethernet cable to Hopper it knocks out my wireless connectivity to my computer. Also if I plug phone line in to Hopper it knocks out home phone so Caller ID is also useless.

Do you have multiple routers? Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?

We have the same problem as of a few weeks ago. We have 2 Hoppers, one with wireless and one with ethernet connections to the Linksys router. We cannot "connect" to either my Android tablet or husband's Ipad 2. We have tried everything, talked to multiple Dish reps, local Dish installer, Linksys router reps, local ISP AND NO RESOLUTION.

Local Dish installer said he was told by Dish that they had increased the broadband upload requirements, which knocks out those with fringe broadband reception.

I plan to have a discussion with Dish about their legal commitment to the Hopper guide, p 13 that I was promised when I signed up for 2 year contract. I wonder how many customers have this problem. I have never been told of any software upgrade for this, so I consider it abandonment of this feature for certain customers.

I do, and your suggestion worked for the same problem! Good call.
Tried rebooting router, reboot hopper, unistall and reinstall app and still get the same result. I am really not happy about this because one of the selling points from Dish for getting the Hopper was the ability to transfer recorded content to iPad so the wife could use it during travel which is fairly often. So far that makes the Dish salesman and me both liars because I talked her into makeing the upgrade. Also no one mentioned that the Prime Time Any Time would only be available in SD at my location in Amarillo. I also found out after spending extra money and getting the USB OTA module for the HD network locals that PTAT would not work with that either.
When momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

Looking for more suggestions.

In all honesty, it sounds like some sort if configuration issue with your home network. Tons of people use hopper Transfers with no issues and the issues I have seen like this usually have to do with the Hopper not being seen due to multiple networks or something along those lines.

Do you have bridging enabled on your Hopper? Try disabling that and see if it makes a difference. I would even go as far as rebooting the iPad and the Hopper after you disable bridging and then try again.

Tried latest suggestion with no success. Turned off Bridging, Rebooted Hopper with plug into the wall, not a surge protector, did a hard reset on the iPad, made sure they were both on same network, started Dish Transfer. Enabled pairing on the Hopper. The iPad indicates that it finds the Hopper at the correct ip address but when I select it, after perhaps 15 seconds it comes back with a message that the Hopper is not found. Perhaps a DIRT representative could check into this. i get no help from customer service.
Here is my network information. AT&T DSL using a Netgear N300 DSL Modem/Wireless Router. I did Speedtest at a computer on the same network and get Download Speed 5.16 mbps and Upload of 0.63.
Would that be considered fringe grade signals or should that be good enough?

Tried latest suggestion with no success. Turned off Bridging, Rebooted Hopper with plug into the wall, not a surge protector, did a hard reset on the iPad, made sure they were both on same network, started Dish Transfer. Enabled pairing on the Hopper. The iPad indicates that it finds the Hopper at the correct ip address but when I select it, after perhaps 15 seconds it comes back with a message that the Hopper is not found. Perhaps a DIRT representative could check into this. i get no help from customer service.
Here is my network information. AT&T DSL using a Netgear N300 DSL Modem/Wireless Router. I did Speedtest at a computer on the same network and get Download Speed 5.16 mbps and Upload of 0.63.
Would that be considered fringe grade signals or should that be good enough?

Speeds are fine, (exactly the same as mine)although should not matter considering it seems your having an internal network issue.

Thank you. Where would I look to find answers about the internal network problem? All I know is that I have a phone line for the DSL plugged into a DSL combination modem and router. I have no problems with computers that are on this network and the wireless signal that the Hopper recognizes and connects with is 100%.
If I need to get some additional hardware I will, I just need to know what to get.

Thank you. Where would I look to find answers about the internal network problem? All I know is that I have a phone line for the DSL plugged into a DSL combination modem and router. I have no problems with computers that are on this network and the wireless signal that the Hopper recognizes and connects with is 100%. If I need to get some additional hardware I will, I just need to know what to get.

Anyone else you know that has an iPad? If so, see if they can bring it over to your house and try with theirs. Also, do you have just the one Hopper?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

You guys could also try to force pair the hopper by going to the network settings and using the IP address it shows instead of waiting for the message to come up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)