Problem installing 5 LNB Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trcns

Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Hi Guys,

I just bought an AT9 Disk (5LNB Dish). When I installed it, my receiver H20 from DirecTV is gave me an error saying

Satellite 99" (Network 10): Failed

In more info it says

The receiver has detected an error while confirming satellite dish setup.
- Your dish type is set to (5LNB Multi-Sat), but the receiver detected (4) satellites.
Please fix this error to ensure that you receive all channels properly. See your satellite dish installation manual for assistance.

Its Wistron Neweb dish with thin snap on Connectors.

Can any body help?

What is your location and zip code?

Is there any other hardware between your dish and the receiver? If yes, list it.

Other than that error, are you receiving all your other subscribed programming?

A tiny B band Converter Module that came with H20 was between dish & receiver, Ijust took it off. Yes all other channels are there. Zip is 07093.

DirecTV USA on Spaceway 2 at 99.2°w has spot beamed HD locals that your location (West New York, NJ 07093) is not part of; so there is no need to worry about it as long as you are getting everything you subscribe to.

Just for knowledge; what are your signal strength averages?

101:
110:
119:
103:

101: different trnsoponders signal mini 69 - max 100.
103: Transponder 1 through 6 ( 0 0 82 86 60) Rest are N/A
110: Transponder 8, 10, 12 ( 75, 71, 77) Rest are N/A
119: Transponder 22 through 32 (mini 61 - max 81) transponder 31 ia 0, rest are N/A.
99: All N/A

I dont know what does it mean "USA on Spaceway 2 at 99.2°w has spot beamed HD locals that your location (West New York, NJ 07093) is not part of;". Would you please explain in regular language?

I bought this dish for my HD locals, I did not subscribed yet.

99, 101, 103, 110, 119 all refer to orbital slot locations in space that each satellite occupies.

99 (really 99.2) and 103 (102.8) are where HD locals are located, but they are not sent to the entire USA, they are sent directly over the area in which they are designed to serve; aka spot beamed. Spaceway 1 and Spaceway 2 are their names.

101 is the main satellite slot where all the core programming and some HD is.

110 (109.8) is all HD, but has only very limited space used.

119 is some HD, and some locals and the Hispanic services.

Thanks alot, one last question
What is this B band Converter Module and do I need to connect with recoever or not?

That you would have to direct to an actual owner of an H20 for a "perfect answer", but my reading is YES; if its included, use it!

B-Band Converter: The H20 receiver includes the SUP-2400 B-Band Converter, which must be installed on the H20 receiver. It has a threaded male F connector, and should be connected to the Satellite In coaxial jack on the back of the receiver. The converter also has a female coaxial input to receive the signal from the satellite dish. This converter up-converts the satellite signal transmitted in the Ka-band (250-750 MHz) into a 1650-2150 MHz useable signal.

Just check this post for a while and someone will post a specific answer.

Congrats on your self install.

Last edited:
For the 99 sat it will fail everytime, it's not online yet. if you go to net 14 you'll get a couple transponders come back with signal but not many. In regards to the B-Band converter. yes it has to be used, this is for future programming purposes where the signal will have to be converted before it enters the receiver.

There is no 99, network 10 yet. Your signals are absolutely fine- a little low on a few transponders though. Your dish alignment might be a little off to the left, or your mast is slightly unlevel. Other than that, everything looks ok.

99 Network 11 is up in some areas, but there is no 99 Network 10 yet.

For H20-100s, if they don't detect both 99 networks, then they assume ALL of 99 is a failure.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)