Problem installing Dish Network 1000 satellite and ViP622 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jthrock

Original poster
Oct 20, 2009
houston
Hey everyone. I just moved and decided to get my dish setup myself as opposed to paying someone to come out and do it and make me sign an additional 2 year contract. I have the satellite up on the roof and have a 100ft run of rg6 running into the house into the receiver. My question is, when I run a check switch how do I know that the receiver is seeing the satellite? My check switch looks like this:

Port: 1
Satellite: X
Trans: X
Device:
Switch: None

and it looks the same for Satellite input 2

Is this correct? Do I just need to align it now? I'm in zip code 770XX so I think i need to set it at : AZ 215 EL 46 SK 124.

Let me know if I am on the right track here. Thanks.

1. Mount mast securely and insure that it is plum all the way around.

2. Check out dishpointer.com and painstakingly set the skew and elevation.

3. Mount the dish (on the mast, not some other way).

4. Spin it around until you see a signal on the signal strength meter.

5. Verify that the signal is from the chosen satellite. If it isn't, go back to step 4.

6. Tweak back and forth until you get the highest signal.

7. Push and pull on the top of the dish and see if the signal won't improve somewhat with a change in elevation (remember not to stand in front of the dish when you're doing this).

Note that this method requires that you be able to see a TV that is showing the output of the satellite receiver. If you can't get one close, you'll need a second person to relay information and many minutes will be added to the project.

I know how to set it, I really just want to know if seeing "Reception Verified" in the Status box of the check switch tells me that I have it wired correctly.

You need to aim your dish. Hardly any of us would do a check switch without having aimed the dish first, so most of us aren't going to know what that would look like. After you've aimed and peaked the dish, then do a check switch, you should get something like this:

slingu.jpg

It isn't reading the switch. Double check the connections/fittings and if those are still good it is a failed lnb/switch. If the switch is good it will always list hardware and just give you a red "X" instead of a green "ok" in each signal box.

If it was just a matter of pointing the dish itself the check switch screen would list the hardware being used.

I'm referring to this:
Device:
Switch: None
After running a check switch it should be somewhat similar to Buddyboy's picture above.

After running check switch the receiver should see the switch type even if you point the dish in completely the wrong direction. What this
Device: Status: Reception Verified Switch: None .[/QUOTE said:
means is that your receiver is not getting a good connection to the dish.
I Would check your cable connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)