Problem - Picture too big for screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chiptransisto

Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
I just had voom installed. The HD picture is larger than my screen. I have a Mitsubishi HDTV. I've had both Directv and Dish network HD and the screen was perfect. With voom, the picture is off the screen top, bottom and sides. It looks like an sd picture that you have 'zoomed.' I have checked all settings - I'm using the 1080 setting for the red button on the front of the receiver. The TV is set correctly to receive HD signals. The installers have been here twice to try to correct the problem but they say that they have never seen it before. They sent their 'top guy' the second time to make sure the install was correct.
Has anyone had this problem? How can it be corrected?

I have DISH HD, but VOOMs commericals on Discovery HD do the same thing on my TV.

they do that on any Dis HD feed. HD Dis cuts off the top and bottem of Voom's commercials.

mini1 said:
they do that on any Dis HD feed. HD Dis cuts off the top and bottem of Voom's commercials.
Not on my pj, I've never seen this and I've seen the Voom commercial many times, there is always plenty of screen real estate left over, not one pixel of the numbers is cut off. My pj has about 3% overscan.

Yeah, the picture's cut off on my TV too. Even OTA material is cut off. And it's NOT overscan on the TV, it's either VOOM source or the STB doing it.

The problem is with Voom. I have two sets. One, a Pioneer 710HD, is fed 1080i. The other, a Sony GWII, is fed 720P. The Sony does not have any overscan. The Pioneer has quite a bit of overscan. I reported this to Voom back in December. They acknowledged the problem but did not have a solution at that time. I have not followed up.

I saw this same issue at Sears last night. I went in to play around with it (my install is next Thrusday). I was changing the channels and stopped on HD Headline News. It was extremely zoomed in. I pressed channel up and then back to HD Headline News and everything was fine. I sure hope this doesn't happen when I get my Voom.

tscallions said:
I saw this same issue at Sears last night. I went in to play around with it (my install is next Thrusday). I was changing the channels and stopped on HD Headline News. It was extremely zoomed in. I pressed channel up and then back to HD Headline News and everything was fine. I sure hope this doesn't happen when I get my Voom.

The HD weather and some of the worldsport scores are the most noticeable.

It isn't that big of a deal to me, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts