On Screen Message is Gone!

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
The close down message is not there anymore.!

All my boxes re booted on their own a few minutes ago. Software version 02.4C. How does this compare to others? I have not been following software versions.

After checking 2 of my STB's have re booted by themselves and 1 has not. All have the same software versions. I would tend to believe Voom is sending down some sort of software re write to enable OTA? Or maybe "There is an embedded message.The clock is ticking" to quote Jeff Goldblum from ID 4. Anyone else see the re boot? It will be logged in your system status screen.

This is plain weird. The tv was on the Voom screen with no message. I did not hit the remote. I hit back and then Voom and the shut down message was still absent. So I posted. Went back and the message was back. I See my added edit in post 4 above.

Maybe they are sending a time-bomb type of code to disable the boxes on 4-30 at a certain time??

ptech said:
Vicki, did you pass you wine bottle to Indy? He's seeing things again and he's off to an early start. ;)

Boy I would like a tall cold one right now!

ptech said:
Vicki, did you pass you wine bottle to Indy? He's seeing things again and he's off to an early start. ;)
Hey...it's bound to be the cocktail hour somewhere...and Indy can share my wine anytime! But since I notice he prefers a tall cold one, think I'll run out and buy some brewskies for him! :) Vicki

Vicki said:
Hey...it's bound to be the cocktail hour somewhere...and Indy can share my wine anytime! But since I notice he prefers a tall cold one, think I'll run out and buy some brewskies for him! :) Vicki

I will take wine at this point. Life is a b**** when you are trying to get the case load done so you can head out of town for beach time. All I have to say is " taking a vacation" and LOOK OUT! Is it worth it? Now where is my dinky?

Indy said:
I will take wine at this point. Life is a b**** when you are trying to get the case load done so you can head out of town for beach time. All I have to say is " taking a vacation" and LOOK OUT! Is it worth it? Now where is my dinky?
I'm thinking you got out of town before I got back to answer this, so I hope the "pre-vacation" trauma was worth the beach time you're headed for...and I've decided to drink your share of the "dinky"...since we don't want it to spoil! Hope your "post-vacation" trauma isn't as bad as I usually find it to be! :) Vicki

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts