new voom message on the screen now

That explains it, I signed up at 12:30 am this morning and nothing showed up. The CSR told me it should be later today but had no solid time.

Darrell, they are up on the guide now and you can call and get them, maybe you should reset if you arent seeing them

Locals are still on

It is 2:12 am PST and checked the locals and I am still getting it plus the guide is still working. this is in Las Vegas

Voom as we know it is dead

Voom is Dead rest in Peace, Voom born Nov 2003- April 2005

She is reincarnated as Voom 10 on Dish, till she is resurrected as Voom 21 someday.

Thank you Charles Dolan, and James may you die a dog's death

bookwalk said:
Exactly! I said the same thing to every CSR I spoke with today and they said, no--it had to be a Dishnetwork dish, 20 X 24 Dish 500. Someone else on the forum even has his VOOM dish NOW connected to his 811 Dish HD receiver and he is getting a demo feed already--he hasn't even activated the dish--and he did not change the LNB. I asked him to let us know what happens when he activates it.

If someone has some DISH network DISH decals I could paste over the VOOM dish. . .
I went on the net and looked up voom and got dishpronto. I have coming, two dishes and a 942. I paid $300 but later used a club cupon for a discount.
Dishpronto is first on google and shows a voom special or something like that.
I have D* and there are no deals so they have been notified to terminate.
I guess the SAT b300 will go on ebay.

bookwalk said:
Any bets the "offer" won't change as far as paying for the dish? The CSR's seemed pretty sure of what their information was--checked with supervisors, etc.
Call Dish and tell them what you will give and get back with you when they can meet your needs. You may not get a 942 but I think you can get hooked up free. (two dishes receiver and install)

mindstein said:
Call Dish and tell them what you will give and get back with you when they can meet your needs. You may not get a 942 but I think you can get hooked up free. (two dishes receiver and install)

I've been calling various toll-free numbers all morning--my mistake--I should have used *67 first--as it seems they keep track of the callers, even if you haven't signed up yet.

The last CSR just laughed when he repeated back to my my address/phone #, which they seem to now have stored in their databank--as I have called several times.

They repeated everything to me $100 for the dish, etc, etc.

Finally, I called NPS (C-band dealer who also does dish) and did NOT say I was a VOOM customer, and they quoted me all the going offers and only $250 for the 942 and NO extra charge for the 2nd dish.

I am also trying to work with a local retailer--but they have zero information and have to call me back, so I will call back NPS to make sure of the offer and go with them, but....

Already I don't like DISH--keeping track of all our phone calls--but I definitely will use *67 next time. It seems I get different offers quoted if I am a NEW dish customer but NOT an ex-VOOMER--I find that very strange. A new customer is a new customer!

I really want to deal locally, as I don't trust DISH--there might be some last minute deal and the installer will want to charge for the dish after all.

Um I have to tell you that dialing *67 isn't going to do you any good. Most major businesses have a phone feature which unblocks callerID no matter what you do. This is done so that if they start getting threatening calls or harassing calls they can Identify who you are. Police have it, call centers have it, even your local pizza joint probably has it..

You have no privacy when it comes to using your phone line, welcome to the new America!!!

A local retailer will not be able to get you the free dish unless your a new subscriber. Some have a bunch of them laying around from when they were doing upgrades but it has to be a DishPro dish in order for it to work with a DishPro dish and you have a switch as well to connect the Dish500 or SuperDish to your reciever at the same time as well. You could just have one dish for the one reciever and the other dish for the other reciever but you would have to switch recievers to watch the SD content from 105/121, 110, 119.

Stargazer said:
A local retailer will not be able to get you the free dish unless your a new subscriber. Some have a bunch of them laying around from when they were doing upgrades but it has to be a DishPro dish in order for it to work with a DishPro dish and you have a switch as well to connect the Dish500 or SuperDish to your reciever at the same time as well. You could just have one dish for the one reciever and the other dish for the other reciever but you would have to switch recievers to watch the SD content from 105/121, 110, 119.

I am a new subscriber, but they said that Dish actually has to come out and provide/install the 2nd dish--but is the dish that is used for my WB on 148 going to be the same size/LNB as would be used for the 61.5? Since the 2nd dish is not installed by this local retailer, he cannot activate the programming for 61.5, when he installs the Superdish for the regular programming--if the 2nd dish comes later, then he would have to come back and re-align that 2nd dish toward 61.5, but Dish won't activate for VOOM on 61.5, since they have no record of it being installed there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts