new voom message on the screen now

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was also a Dish Network subscriber for 8 years until about three months ago when I jumped over to VOOM. Folks do not put any faith in what Dish CSRs tell you because when you get your first bill things change. They made some promises to me if I would stay with Dish and when I received my first bill nothing changed. Yesterday I finally received the box to send their HD 811 receiver back and I sent it back yesterday. Hopefully I will get back the $30 they still owe me. The 811 receiver is not a good OTA receiver, channels I could not get with the 811 I received with the Voom receiver. Good Luck to you folks who are going with Dish.

yes i too ran into the same problem with the 811 it only picks up 3 ota channels where with the voom box i got them all, i still am with voom until the end, went with dishnetwork, when i found out that voom was going out, im glad i went with a lease plan with dish instead of buying the equipment, so are the new voom channels from dish are they going to be on the 811 or the voom receiver, because i dont have no signal strength on my superdish for the 61.5 position? i even hooked a power amp up to the 811 and used the voom rec to power it from the ota and the 811 still only picked up 3 ota channels so i went back to the voom rec when it picks them all up

David D. said:
Bryan27,

I called E*tonight and no deals for us. We cancelled them March 12 and will have to wait 6 months for the new subscriber deals.

COMCAST (HD) to be installed Saturday, we will wait until mid September and review our HDTV options. Possibly D* may have the best HD service by then.

So after 6 months you can get the new sub deals?

I moved last June and had my account on hold. Then in Sept I tried to get my dishmover scheduled, once I got into my house. After 5 cancelled installs over 2 months I told E* to stick it. I'm right at the 6 month mark now. I'm kind of hesitant to go back to E*, but I still haven't scheduled for Comcast to upgrade my service.

*bleagh*

I've had E* for my locals for the last year, so I'm ineligible for any promotional deals. Haven't been under contract for several years, and still have my old 811. I even tried the "I'm a Voom customer and am planning to up my programming from $15/month to $90+/month, what can you do for me?" approach, even saying I was willing to enter into a contract.

Nada.

I inquired about an HD DVR, and they said they'd be willing to sell me a 921 for $549. Not on your life, especially with MPEG4 coming down the pike. 6 months or a year from now I'd be having to buy the damned box over again.

Well, how about getting me set up with a dish for 61.5 so I can get the Voom channels? Nope, fork over $100.

Fergit it. No deals.

So I signed up for America's Everything + HD + locals for now.

The only upside is that I'm not under any commitment, so if D* does actually roll out ESPN2HD, HBOHDP, MaxHD, MaxHDP, StarzHD, StarzHDW, etc. in June as some rumors are touting, I can jump ship in an instant with no penalty. I've never been a D* customer, so conceivably they will offer me some sort of a deal.

There is a flash going across the bottom to the VOOM channels about the Dish Network offer. It offers 180 SD channels, the VOOM channels, up to four HD receivers and free installation for $19.99 for three months. I called 1-800-WOW-HDTV and asked about the offer but the csr wasn't familiar with this offer, she said to call back tomorrow.

Don't think tomarrow will be a good day. 20,000-45,000 voomers calling 1-800-WOW-HDTV. Talk about a hold time. "Calls are answered in the order that they are recieved. Your hold time will be 742 mins. If you hang up you will lose you place on hold."
The V* soap opera continues. lol

-scott

Dan Berndt said:
There is a flash going across the bottom to the VOOM channels about the Dish Network offer. It offers 180 SD channels, the VOOM channels, up to four HD receivers and free installation for $19.99 for three months. I called 1-800-WOW-HDTV and asked about the offer but the csr wasn't familiar with this offer, she said to call back tomorrow.

Did you read between the lines? What about the $100 to get a new dish to point to 61.5? Also, no HD free for 6 months? Well, VOOM can't get sued for false advertising--so they can say just about anything on that message screen--again, who's actually pulling the strings on this shut-down--Jimmie Dolan? Whoever it is, they are sadists!

bookwalk said:
Did you read between the lines? What about the $100 to get a new dish to point to 61.5? Also, no HD free for 6 months? Well, VOOM can't get sued for false advertising--so they can say just about anything on that message screen--again, who's actually pulling the strings on this shut-down--Jimmie Dolan? Whoever it is, they are sadists!
Bookwalk, I'm reading the press release from Echostar as we speak. According to Eric Sahl, vice president of programming for Echostar: "Customers can sign a one-year agreement and receive six free months of HD programming with high-definition receivers in up to two rooms at no charge. For a limited time, those who sign up can also receive more than 180 standard definition channels for only $19.99 a month for the first three months, plus a free DVR upgrade, with next-day installation."

I take this to mean that America's Top 180 is $19.99 for months 1-3. I also take it to mean the HD Programming Pack is free for the first 6 months, while the VOOM HD Pack will be $5 per month extra. Lastly, my VOOM dish is already in place so couldn't they just install another LNB? Why would there be an extra $100 charge for this?

justalurker said:
I'll say this real slow ...

T H E - O F F E R - S T A R T S - S U N D A Y

$100 for a 61.5 dish isn't listed in the offer.

JL

BUt when you call the number on the VOOM website and from the VOOM message, without exception, out of 5 calls I made today to CSR's--there IS a charge of $100 for the 61.5 dish!

you've called them 5 times.

Dish needs their own Do Not call list :D

I've had dish service for 14 months and I've only called them twice :)

riffjim4069 said:
Bookwalk, I'm reading the press release from Echostar as we speak. According to Eric Sahl, vice president of programming for Echostar: "Customers can sign a one-year agreement and receive six free months of HD programming with high-definition receivers in up to two rooms at no charge. For a limited time, those who sign up can also receive more than 180 standard definition channels for only $19.99 a month for the first three months, plus a free DVR upgrade, with next-day installation."

I take this to mean that America's Top 180 is $19.99 for months 1-3. I also take it to mean the HD Programming Pack is free for the first 6 months, while the VOOM HD Pack will be $5 per month extra. Lastly, my VOOM dish is already in place so couldn't they just install another LNB? Why would there be an extra $100 charge for this?

Exactly! I said the same thing to every CSR I spoke with today and they said, no--it had to be a Dishnetwork dish, 20 X 24 Dish 500. Someone else on the forum even has his VOOM dish NOW connected to his 811 Dish HD receiver and he is getting a demo feed already--he hasn't even activated the dish--and he did not change the LNB. I asked him to let us know what happens when he activates it.

If someone has some DISH network DISH decals I could paste over the VOOM dish. . .

BFG said:
you've called them 5 times.

Dish needs their own Do Not call list :D

I've had dish service for 14 months and I've only called them twice :)

I have NEVER been a DISH customer--I am just trying to find out what offers they have and get a different story almost everytime, except for the $100.

So--how are you getting the VOOM 10 channels--are they charging you for the $100 dish or did you already get it free with your locals? Not all of us get locals on the 61.5 dish, so....

Dvlos said:
DarrellP has always talked about E having good quality on some channels like HDNET

DarrellP???? You must be joking!:confused:

One could get a more informed opinion about Dish from Ray Charles - not forgetting the fact that Ray Charles is not only blind he's also dead. :D :eek: :rolleyes:

justalurker said:
Get the man a dictionary with the word tomorrow in it. :(

JL

Any bets the "offer" won't change as far as paying for the dish? The CSR's seemed pretty sure of what their information was--checked with supervisors, etc.

"bookwalk", take a deep breath and call "tomorrow"...

bookwalk said:
Any bets the "offer" won't change as far as paying for the dish? The CSR's seemed pretty sure of what their information was--checked with supervisors, etc.

and give Dish another chance. Not sure when "tomorrow" is for Dish CSRs but were in no rush here. Now out in the middle of the Dakotas....

However, in Seattle still enjoying HDTV via VOOM for another 3 hrs. 5' under still cloudless skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts