Problem recording daily show

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

zilla1126

Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
OH
I have a HR23/700 and I am having a problem recording "NFL Total Access". If I use the guide and tell it to record all episodes; it does nothing.

If I use a keyword search it will record only occasional episodes. This show has a new episode almost every day and repeats on most all days.

Ideally I would only record the first-run episodes and skip the "NFL Total Access Week in review" show on the weekends.

One issue I see is that when I check the guide, it has a crazy wrong day in the "first aired" field. For instance, I am looking right now and ALL shows for today (16 Mar 10) which are repeats of last night's show are listed as first being aired on 8 Mar 10.

So... what can I do to get this recorded? For now lets skip the option of recording first-run shows only.

To be clear, this search does NOT work: NFL TOTAL ACCESS

It lists shows like it should, but when you tell it to autorecord, nothing shows up in the "to do" list.

Thanks.

I just simulated the same exact search: returned results; selected today's 6pm (CT) airing; selected as 1st run series recordings.

All went into the "to do" list. I can report back later tonight (10pm or so) to see if it actually records; but so far everything else works OK.

Can you check the "to do" list and see if it is recording all of the other showings? It should be on later in the evening and several repeats before 9a the next day.

Thanks.

Have you contemplated a conventional timer? If the show you're trying to record is on the same channel, day and time every week, you can set up a timer and let 'er rip.

Timers may seem like a cop-out, but until the guide information gets ironed out, sometimes it is all you have.

Have you contemplated a conventional timer? If the show you're trying to record is on the same channel, day and time every week, you can set up a timer and let 'er rip.

Timers may seem like a cop-out, but until the guide information gets ironed out, sometimes it is all you have.

It is a possibility - the problem is that they move the show around a little bit and some shows are 30 min, some, 60 min, and some are 90 minute.

My last resort will be to set up a time for like 6a-9a and just fastforward to the start of the show.

But seriously, there is NO reason why you shouldn't be able to record this show in a reasonable manner...

Can you check the "to do" list and see if it is recording all of the other showings? It should be on later in the evening and several repeats before 9a the next day.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay I just got home.

Yes the show recorded today AND the "to do" list is loaded with additional episodes.

It is a possibility - the problem is that they move the show around a little bit and some shows are 30 min, some, 60 min, and some are 90 minute.

My last resort will be to set up a time for like 6a-9a and just fastforward to the start of the show.

But seriously, there is NO reason why you shouldn't be able to record this show in a reasonable manner...

Harsh's solution is very reasonable. I like to watch the 4:00pm PST edition of Total Access so I have a Recurring Manual recoding set for Monday through Friday from 4:00 to 5:30. It usually ends at 5 but if it runs over I'm good. Manage recordings-manual recording-then set it up just like a VCR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)