Problem recording Fox News weekends shows (series)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

upsss

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
AZ
Whenever I record any Fox News shows (series) that play during the weekends only which repeat several time (the same show) the Genie will record all repeats even though I select record “First Run”. Any other series during the week including Fox News, will record properly (only once) even if they repeat the same day. Is the problem with Fox News or the Genie?

It's not the Genie because HR24 does the same. It's done it for Huckabee and if they play repeats of the Five on weekends it will record repeats. I think the problem is there is no info or air date. The DVRs get confused and can't tell if its new or a repeat.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The problem exist only on weekends. O'Reilly repeats every evening and it records it only once. It must be Directv, I just switched from Dish and never had this problem.

You can set up a manual recording that will record the time slots that you want every weekend. It's in the menu under recordings.I have to do that with shows that have multiple showings.

Its probably due to the info or lack of info in the Info section, if there is no Air Date listed, it doesnt know when the original air date was, so it records as if it were original.
Id rather have it record twice and delete one than miss the recording all together.

Recording the same show 4 times in 2 days is NOT very smart, especially if you record the 4-5 shows every weekend! "Lack of info" is no excuse, they have enough info not to do it during the week.

you can argue all you want but Directv gets the info from Tribune (same as zap2it does) and if there is no "first run" sate it will record every time it shows in the guide. I have a couple shows that do that because it doesnt know if the episode is new or not.

Blame Tribune

yes and no. Both providers use the same base info but can make their own changes as need be.

Again if there is no date code in the system it will record it every time. Right now I can see 4 shows in my series that fall into that...2 are local shows, one is Ring of Honor Wrestling that is shown twice on weekends but has no date code, and one series that has no guide info for episodes about 12 days out but that will fill in later

A manual timer might be the best option

Here is a great example. There has been a episode of Alaska State Troopers that has been recorded at least 4 times now because there is no guide info...when it was first run it did record as new. But looking at zap2it there is a difference

Previous Episode
Grizzly-pendence Day
S04, E07
The troopers respond to shots fired during a landlord-tenant dispute; a suspect flees on foot into the woods.

Next Episode
Armed & Squatting
S04, E09 (First Aired: December 16, 2012)
Troopers confront a man living illegally on public land; a toddler has disappeared in the woods; a man evades capture in a remote village.

The top one recorded as there is no "first aired" date...the 2nd one which says is on today wont record as its not new

The top one recorded as there is no "first aired" date...the 2nd one which says is on today wont record as its not new

That's what I tried to tell them. Once in a blue moon it wants to record a show even with an old aired date. There's a few on TruTV that are from 2010 and anytime they air that show the DVR records it.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts