Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Here is another issue that seems to be introduced in the latest software version. Several people have already reported this in various threads. I'll try to document it in details.

Problem Description
When I switch channels on VOOM, I occasionally get a channel without sound. Switching the channel again restores the sound. This happened to me many times over the past 2 days after the software update. Occasionally I get the opposite problem: the sound is present, but the screen is black. Again, the next channel change restores the picture. No need to reboot. It happens on various channels - I don't see any pattern. Seems to be a random event.

It doesn't matter whether I use Up or Down button. Both cause the same effect. My wife even says she encountered this problem once after entering the channel number - didn't have a chance to try that myself.

Steps to Reproduce the Problem
1. Press the Channel Up (or Down) button once and wait until you hear the sound.
2. Repeat the above step until you encounter a channel without sound.

Following the above steps I was able to reproduce the problem several times, usually within 20-50 clicks. So far I was not able to cycle through the entire list of channels without getting at least one channel without sound. It is pretty consistent, on my STB anyway.

Yes Ilya...now that you mention it, it happened to me once last night. I switched to a OTA channel and had picture but no sound. Used the back button and then back again and still no sound on that channel. Changed randomly to another number and then back to the previous but using the numbers and it came in OK pic and sound!
This happened only once and I attributed it to the station but I guess not...go figure!

Marcel Marceau Surround Sound.

Yes. And it was the same channel, the Travel Channel, that kept going silent on me.

I was bouncing between Dennis Miller and the World Poker Tour last night, and (almost) every time I'd tune into WPT, it was being broadcast in Marcel-Marceau-Vision(tm).

Channel up. Channel down. Everything was back in sound.

Guh.

I got this one as well. When I change channels the screen goes black and there is sound. Usually, pressing VOOM button and Watch restore it or changing channels.

This happened to me also last night, I changed channel and the sound came back.
Brent

This happened to me under the old software (2 or 3 times) but not... yet.... with the new software.

Tim

I get this problem and have to turn my AVR off and on to get it back. it seems that the loses the signal in the digital optical line when this happens.

pOiNTBLaNK said:
I get this problem and have to turn my AVR off and on to get it back. it seems that the loses the signal in the digital optical line when this happens.
I use a digital connection to my receiver and an analog audio connection to my TV set. When I encounter a silent channel - it is silent on both connections, not just digital...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts