Problem with VOOM channels after install?

LuRcH1080i

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
Manteca,CA
It has been a week since I have had my Voom installed. I would call it a perfect install. Received my OTA's in HD no problem. We went through channels after install but I didn't realize that I wasn't getting all at once, I figured wait a few days and see.

However after waiting a week I am still getting the same problem, I cannot get certain channels. NICK,DISNEY,ABCFAM,TNT HD, DISCOVERY HD, just to name a few never have come in, just a blank screen and then the screen displays "The satellite cannot blah blah blah this channel, please try again later" pops up. I have tried everything (I think), resets,power cycles, Called Voom had them "hit" the boxes,etc...still nothing.

I had 3 STB's installed (brand new in boxes 05.68 FIRMWARE , all 3) w/multi-switch and some other devices (I need to go look at, like splitters? in the attic).

I check status and they are in the low 40's on these blank channels. From my understanding I thought that the satellite Digital Channels would all be the same within a reasonable signal range. I can check status on ESPN HD and it is a solid 96.

Why wouldn't my other channels be like this?

This is just driving me crazy, I would think I would have a problem with OTA, instead of the VOOM package I have purchased but NOoooooooooo!!!!

Has anyone had this problem?

Any suggestions appreciated.

They are coming out on Monday, so we'll see what they have to say.

If you get some channels through Voom, but others display the no signal message, it sounds like something is not right in between the LNB and your STB. I would guess that the splitters are not correct. If ESPN is a 96, then the other satellite channels should be comparable.

It shows remarkable patience to wait a week. It souinds like you have done what you could do on your own, so it's definitely time for a service call. Make sure you know what those 'devices' are so you can tell the service guy. Good luck--I hope they can get it fixed.

My VOOM is fixed :D tech came out and after 2 hours figured out that the cable in the attic was shorted, after checking the dish, replaceing the multi-switch, diplexer, and combiner in the attic still nothing, tested with another STB.

Replaced the short cables, made new ones and my signal is going now at 96 on all channels on all 3 STB's.

had a similar problem with my install... 2nd repair guy figured the cable was shorted with a staple the first guy put in...
Voom really needs to get better install guys it sounds like.
Works fine now except every time it rains I lose my signal and my ota antenna is poor... ah well voom is still hands above dtv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)